Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the 4.0 RS hold it's value.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I also don't think it will hold it's value. It will not depreciate as fast, but there are far and few cars these days no matter how little they make that appreciate.

If you're buying the car to try make or retain money, you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I think the RS 4.0 will be the most collectible 997. It is very limited in production, right at the end. As mentioned, it's the last of the Mezgers, and it was a Porsche Motorsport car, which is a big seal of approval. Personally, it's #1 on my list (with the GT2 RS) for my "dream" 997.

$40K over might not be recouped anytime soon, but I'd say it's a sure thing in the long run (20 yrs or so).
Right or wrong, I would say almost the exact same thing. Time will tell.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I hope that in about eight to ten years the 4.0 RS loses value dramatically.

People are freaking out right now about the future of sports cars, so I also agree that time will tell.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
$40K over? Stupid. Just wait a little bit. But holding it's value- and paying OVER sticker are two, completely separate topics- and neither are relevant to each other.

Will the 4.0 hold its value? You bet your ass it will. I'm not going to justify the comment; but those who KNOW this car, I mean, really know it- it for sure will hold it's value. The CGT dropped in values and then came back up. This car might do something similar but in the long run it's a real collection piece for sure.

But paying over, and expecting to recoup that would be misaligned at best.

Wait a little bit, nab one close to sticker- call it a day.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
The answer is TIME. How long can you wait? I fully expect by black 4.0 to double in value after I'm dead!! Why are 356 Speedsters selling for $200.k today? Spyders? 959? etc. How bad do you want one?

Old 07-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
$40K over? Stupid. Just wait a little bit. But holding it's value- and paying OVER sticker are two, completely separate topics- and neither are relevant to each other.

Will the 4.0 hold its value? You bet your ass it will. I'm not going to justify the comment; but those who KNOW this car, I mean, really know it- it for sure will hold it's value. The CGT dropped in values and then came back up. This car might do something similar but in the long run it's a real collection piece for sure.

But paying over, and expecting to recoup that would be misaligned at best.

Wait a little bit, nab one close to sticker- call it a day.
Agreed.. and even if it didn't who the fvck cares buy it to drive it, if you have to worry don't buy it.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
People said the same about the GT2RS. They haven't maintained their value that well.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I think a lot of that had to do with the 4.0 be released. A handful of people alone on this site traded their 2 rs for the 4.0. Which don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, maybe if they depreciate more I can afford one.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
these cars just came out.. isnt it early to just say yeah they will hold their value or no they wont? you cant tell until the demand comes back in a couple (or several years) but yeah totally agree that you should buy to enjoy.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
^^ I think a lot of that had to do with the 4.0 be released. A handful of people alone on this site traded their 2 rs for the 4.0. Which don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, maybe if they depreciate more I can afford one.
this coming from the guy who just bought a lambo

Quick Reply: Will the 4.0 RS hold it's value.........