Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen with my GT3 RS, July 9/10

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I'm no racecar driver and slow DE learner I guess, found a couple of seconds at each track we revisited on Mancation and it was very hot.

I think a 2:08 is doable if not 100F. WG last year had a lot of slower cars and we never got clean laps to get a faster rythm

And then there are all those baby blue guard rails....
The slow car, it's a big problem on this track.
That's why I was looking for lapping days organized with race cars or street cars fast !
If you have any information about the club who organize such days ... Give me information ...
Thank you

Old 07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCP.CA
No problem with the White GT3, it has not hit the wall !
No damage, just before the spoler torn, the driver is OK.
I went to meet after the meeting to apologize.
This track is amazing ... you do not wear out the tires !!
I rode during the two days with used tires ...
I had new ones in the trailer, but the old were perfect!
No slides ...
No, I have no data in the car, just my lap time inside.
My best time was made in my last lap was done in 2 minutes 06 and it was not perfect ... And with new tires, I have had an even better grip !
And I am fortunate to have before me another fast car to take me, I'm sure it is possible to drive in 2 minutes 03 without taking too much risk ...

Who is Mike??
Mike is jenk12m, official GT3 DE CUP time checker.

Jeah, the track is awesome, I can't wait to go back again.

The driver got away with a pretty big noisy slide then
Nice of you to apologize, a little friendlynes on track makes the hobby so much more fun.
But besides bullying a bit you did nothing wrong, he was slow to point by and over-drove the car.

Tires; Michelin Slicks, Hoosier R6?

Old 07-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Mike is jenk12m, official GT3 DE CUP time checker.

Jeah, the track is awesome, I can't wait to go back again.

The driver got away with a pretty big noisy slide then
Nice of you to apologize, a little friendlynes on track makes the hobby so much more fun.
But besides bullying a bit you did nothing wrong, he was slow to point by and over-drove the car.

Tires; Michelin Slicks, Hoosier R6?
How to pilot a track in Europe and North America has nothing to do ... Things are completely different and it is no more accident !
There are no rules of overtaking! No sign to let ...
I'm new here and American on the circuit, it is normal to see the pilot had a problem and besides
I do not speak the language well! which complicates everything ...
I use Michelin Slick (old generation) the 270 and not 310 (I think).

I did not know that Mike was "jenk12m"

Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by JCP.CA
No problem with the White GT3, it has not hit the wall !
No damage, just before the spoler torn, the driver is OK.
Lucky break.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
yea that's me. didnt know i became the official DE CUP time checker lmao. but i'll help out where ever i can.

glad to hear that guy didnt hit the wall. he definitely was over driving to try and stay in front. once those slicks heated up he should've just let you by

Old 08-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
am i imagining or did that 997.1 rs seem extra quick on the straights?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Saddened, I do not understand " one the straights "?
The pilot know tres indeed the track and it was more stiff that I in certain places, it is on!
Especially in it gone back up after the apex N°1
Its best stopwatch with ca RS is of 2 minutes and 4 seconds!
He(It) still stays in me thus a lot has to learn...