Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen with my GT3 RS, July 9/10

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
I just left mosport with my buddies. They will be doing tremblant and calabogie next weekend

Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished road
Saturday I was at Calabogie (everything went well, there were many cars on the track but the times were good 2'15).
I'll probably Friday at Tremblant.
I am looking for lapping days at Mosport (2 days because I'm not next ...)

Old 07-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished road
I have a problem to compress a video ...
Once everything is OK, I'll post it !!!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
looking forward to viewing it. i've only been there once but my times are slow compared to your beast

Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Here's the video of my last practice session ...
This is the last lap I'm doing my best time 02.06!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks for the video. Did that white GT3 do a lot of damage, sounds like you can hear it hit the wall

Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch at 6:20!
Sounds like he hit, was the driver OK?

What tires do your run? 2:06 is a couple of seconds faster that I was able to go the first and only time at WG.

Too bad you have no data on board, but I'm sure Mike timed you with a stopwatch :-)

Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
haha, i thought about timing but i didnt. im sure peter, you will pick up 3 seconds the next time you make it back to WG and will be right there at a 2:06-7

Old 07-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no racecar driver and slow DE learner I guess, found a couple of seconds at each track we revisited on Mancation and it was very hot.

I think a 2:08 is doable if not 100F. WG last year had a lot of slower cars and we never got clean laps to get a faster rythm

And then there are all those baby blue guard rails....

Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Ouch at 6:20!
Sounds like he hit, was the driver OK?

What tires do your run? 2:06 is a couple of seconds faster that I was able to go the first and only time at WG.

Too bad you have no data on board, but I'm sure Mike timed you with a stopwatch :-)
No problem with the White GT3, it has not hit the wall !
No damage, just before the spoler torn, the driver is OK.
I went to meet after the meeting to apologize.
This track is amazing ... you do not wear out the tires !!
I rode during the two days with used tires ...
I had new ones in the trailer, but the old were perfect!
No slides ...
No, I have no data in the car, just my lap time inside.
My best time was made in my last lap was done in 2 minutes 06 and it was not perfect ... And with new tires, I have had an even better grip !
And I am fortunate to have before me another fast car to take me, I'm sure it is possible to drive in 2 minutes 03 without taking too much risk ...

Who is Mike??

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen with my GT3 RS, July 9/10