Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen with my GT3 RS, July 9/10

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished road
Watkins Glen with my GT3 RS, July 9/10

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry my English is not good ...
I am French and I live in Canada (quebec).
Next week, I have the great chance to race on the circuit of Watkins Glen with my GT3 RS !
Do you have any advice for me ?
Can you tell me the good lap time on this circuit with a GT3 or RS to give me an idea ?
Do you know the lap time of GT3 Cup ?
I am looking for any information, video ....
Maybe someone of you will roll as at Watkins Glen on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 ?

Thank you

Old 07-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
google is your friend

and good luck

Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Track is awesome. One of the best for speed and heritage. I have no clue on an RS or GT3 lap time. Lots of walls. Everywhere. Be prepared to take a while to get used to that. Like 3-4 sessions. Each time you go out they will get a little farther away, in your mind. A 2010-12 Cup does 1:53, A 2007-2009 Cup does about 1:56, a 996 Cup does 1:58. These are prox numbers, as it is determined by car set up and driver ability.
Type in Google and you will find a Vid of Leeh Keen (sp?) running a 996 RSR.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished roadJCP.CA is on a distinguished road
Ok thank you for this information.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
You run those specialized GT3 RS's with the 3.8's. I've seen you post pics. I would suspect those cars probably run 1:58 to 2:05. It's hard to tell. They have more HP than a Cup, but are heavier. Since you yanked the interiors, they may be comparable. Depends on your tires. If you run Michellin, lower times. If you run Pilot's or Hoosier R6, a bit slower.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I'm an amateur ... I will give my time to my back !
If good 996 GT3 Cup are 1'58, I think a good driver GT3 RS that familiar with the track at Watkins Glen, must be to ride to 2'05.
So I discovered that I hope to be under 2'10 ...
The goal is to have FUN and especially not to damage the car!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fully understood

Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy! I wish I could make it down there.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Someone will be present Monday and Tuesday ?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Two great days of lapping the track at Watkins Glen ...
My best time 2 minutes and 6 seconds !
I did on my last turn of the last session it was difficult to find towers with no traffic on the track ...

Roll on the next day lapping!

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen with my GT3 RS, July 9/10