Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove a GT3 for the first time....got let down

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:36 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
you would be suprised how "slow" VLN cars or ALMS cars could be compared to a straight line racer with longer gearing...
the GT3 lives from the cornering speed and breaking action as well as its shorter gearing

Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Can you afford it? That's the question.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Leadfoot09 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have to agree--the GT3 is not about straight line speed. I just picked up a '11 RS and its not overwhelmingly fast from a light, but I bought it for what it can do at the track. When I was at Road Atlanta in my Aventador, I was amazed at the cornering and braking capabilities of the RS's. I think you need to go drive it on some really curvy mountain roads or a track--then you will be excited!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope so.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
I went from a GTR to a .2 GT3RS. The RS is not slow but it's def not fast. But it's perfectly balanced which is why we all love it.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I've always said GT2>GT3. But I haven't driven either so I guess that doesn't count.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
depends on where u are coming from. to most, it is probably the best car of their lifetime. to u, it probably only qualifies the daily 911 should be like.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
F*ck it. Buy a Zonda F you pansy.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't sound like your a n/a high revving kind of guy and there's nothing wrong with that. Some people hate boost with big turbos and the lag that comes with it. The 3's are not about straight line speed and high HP, it's the balance of speed, braking and cornering on the track that makes people love them so much.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I drove the 997.1 GT3 before I bought my GT2.. I was quite impressed with the precision, the feel and the presence on the road.. I took a ride in a 997.2 GT3 on the track and was impressed at the braking (seemed lighter than the GT2) and the cornering, but in the straight line I remember thinking "is this it?", but to be fair it has a higher rev range which makes you feel like its "slow", but its not.

As a GT2 owner, I can't imagine switching to a GT3 completely, but I wouldn't mind having one just for the track. I don't think there is anything like it for the track.

Quick Reply: Drove a GT3 for the first time....got let down