Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New clutch and mods for GT2

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012 | 02:21 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ Thanks Brim,
Your explanation was spot on. I only rode as a passenger, but the turn-ins at low and very high speeds was definitely noticeable as being amazing. The ride was not any harsher than stock, which was surprising.
With the new clutch and suspension, I will be quite content for awhile.

Old 01-15-2012 | 02:14 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Guys I got the car back on Thurs. The clutch can handle up to 750HP and the flywheel is 11 pounds lighter. The pedal feel is not any firmer but engages a little sooner, which is fine. It revs much faster. I have not done any hard take offs as to break in the clutch for a few hundred miles. The rattle is hardly noticeable with this clutch set up.

The stage 2 RSS Tarmac suspension is a must. It feels so much better with no negatives IMO. I drove the car home through a windy mountain road called the Ortega Pass, and was able to feel the difference. Felt much more confident pushing the car harder through the turns, and there was no surprising cowel shake from the chassis. Turn in is so precise which was not lacking with stock as it was. And grip and feeling planted is up. f

Thanks for all your inputs.

Old 01-15-2012 | 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!

Old 01-29-2012 | 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Hi

I'm new here but found this thread pretty interesting.

I just picked up a 09 GT2, and ordered a whole bunch of stuff through Nate at IND who does all my project builds.

I got the following mods:
1. Akra Evolution full system
2. EVOMS EVT 670 software
3. EVOMS club sport inter-coolers
4. BBS FI
5. GT2 RS rear bumper and LED's, and front lip spoiler
6. Some carbon goodies also
7. After reading your thread on the clutch, same stage 2 light weight club sport. DO YOU HAVE THE STEEL OR ALI FLYWHEEL? FROM WHAT I CAN READ, THE STEEL IS LIGHTER BUT MAKES MORE OF A NOISE? PLEASE CONFIRM.
8. Please could you give me more info on the suspension mod, sounds like I want it

Old 01-29-2012 | 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm interested in the 2RS front lip, you're getting this from IND?

Good luck with your project.

Why are you yelling?

Old 01-29-2012 | 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MC321
I'm interested in the 2RS front lip, you're getting this from IND?

Good luck with your project.

Why are you yelling?
Thanks bro

Nate sources me all my mods.

Yelling?

Old 01-29-2012 | 01:15 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Bob MG
Hi

I'm new here but found this thread pretty interesting.

I just picked up a 09 GT2, and ordered a whole bunch of stuff through Nate at IND who does all my project builds.

I got the following mods:
1. Akra Evolution full system
2. EVOMS EVT 670 software
3. EVOMS club sport inter-coolers
4. BBS FI
5. GT2 RS rear bumper and LED's, and front lip spoiler
6. Some carbon goodies also
7. After reading your thread on the clutch, same stage 2 light weight club sport. DO YOU HAVE THE STEEL OR ALI FLYWHEEL? FROM WHAT I CAN READ, THE STEEL IS LIGHTER BUT MAKES MORE OF A NOISE? PLEASE CONFIRM.
8. Please could you give me more info on the suspension mod, sounds like I want it

Congrats Bob,
You are building it well.
I got the steel one. The website actually made a typo which I pointed out to Matt at Evoms, the ali is lighter than the steel. They are trying to correct it on the website. So the steel is about 18lbs and the ali is about 11lbs and stock is 28lbs. The steel makes much less noise and is highly recommended over the ali for my uses. I love it, it revs up and down much quicker and just adds to the feeling of in control of the car.

The suspension is a must, this car is meant to feel like it does NOW. Its hard to imagine that it could get better when you compare a stock Gt2 to a TT, but it gets so much better.

This is a prefect example of why this forum costs me mucho dinero. Its funny how the guys who work on my cars say that there are so many creative ways they have to take payment to hide it from the wifes. Its just like we are little boys steeling candy from our mom. But now we are working for it.

Glad I can help you spend.

Old 01-29-2012 | 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Bob MG
Thanks bro

Nate sources me all my mods.

Yelling?
Thanks

Commenting on your CAPS attack

Old 01-29-2012 | 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Congrats Bob,
You are building it well.
I got the steel one. The website actually made a typo which I pointed out to Matt at Evoms, the ali is lighter than the steel. They are trying to correct it on the website. So the steel is about 18lbs and the ali is about 11lbs and stock is 28lbs. The steel makes much less noise and is highly recommended over the ali for my uses. I love it, it revs up and down much quicker and just adds to the feeling of in control of the car.

The suspension is a must, this car is meant to feel like it does NOW. Its hard to imagine that it could get better when you compare a stock Gt2 to a TT, but it gets so much better.

This is a prefect example of why this forum costs me mucho dinero. Its funny how the guys who work on my cars say that there are so many creative ways they have to take payment to hide it from the wifes. Its just like we are little boys steeling candy from our mom. But now we are working for it.

Glad I can help you spend.
Lol mine doesn't even know I bought the car. I paid for it last week, and ordered all the parts from IND. So true how these forums get us hooked up like junkies

I have tried to search for the kit you installed from RSS but could'nt find the part. Do you have a link to the product listing?

Originally Posted by MC321
Thanks

Commenting on your CAPS attack
I should've done different color, was trying to get a separate question for the OP to get some info back.