Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSS: "The Colonel" GT3-RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Interior pics...

A few pics of the interior...

Old 01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that progressive shift light and the gear indicator are neat stuff! Do you guys supply that gear or outsource it?

How is the gear indicator programmed? Does it use a "learning mode" like the AiM devices (requiring a run through all the gears) to calibrate or does it recognize gearing some other way?

If I start getting heavy into tracking I might be interested in that setup. Would love to hear more about it.

The missing stereo is the big tip to the business of this machine. :-)

Old 01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice work. The RS is all business. Any weight reduction efforts?
Sweet touch with the sequential shifter. I understand you still need to use the clutch but on downshifts does one still need to blip the throttle and match rpm's? (hope it's not a dumb question)

Ranger (Sua Sponte)

Old 01-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
is that the stock suspension? is the RS the only GT car to come with height adjustable coilovers or does the GT3 also have them? (first ive noticed this)

mods look amazing, car is going to be a beast on the track

Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
I love this thread, The whole build was great over on 6speed and rennlist. I read every bit of it numerous times.

I had to invest in the shift I progressive shift light and few rss suspension pieces also. I will be buying few more items used in this thread soon, cant wait to see what else is in store. This has to be one of my all time favs right here. Thanks for posting. Pics and story is really interesting

Old 01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cc8s is on a distinguished roadcc8s is on a distinguished road
Very cool - I like the sense of humour!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:10 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RSSmike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Smoky
Wow that progressive shift light and the gear indicator are neat stuff! Do you guys supply that gear or outsource it?

How is the gear indicator programmed? Does it use a "learning mode" like the AiM devices (requiring a run through all the gears) to calibrate or does it recognize gearing some other way?

If I start getting heavy into tracking I might be interested in that setup. Would love to hear more about it.

The missing stereo is the big tip to the business of this machine. :-)
Smoky, the gear indicator light is part of the sequential shifter systems electronic control unit which is specific to Porsche applications. It reads the gear information based on the electromagnets mechanical position inside the shifter mechanism. It's not a calculated value or learned value like some other systems such as AIM.

Give me a call and I would be happy to fill you in on the details of the system.

Sharp eye, you noticed the stereo delete.

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Very nice work. The RS is all business. Any weight reduction efforts?
Sweet touch with the sequential shifter. I understand you still need to use the clutch but on downshifts does one still need to blip the throttle and match rpm's? (hope it's not a dumb question)

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Ranger, yes and no, the classes the car is running in do not allow us to remove much weight or increase the power all that much. Therefore we are increasing performance in other areas such as the Tarmac Series Suspension Upgrades, Transmissions Gear Ratios, LSD, Shifter, and Aerodynamics

Not a dumb question at all, you will still need to blip/rev match. The system requires the clutch for both up and down shifts. The biggest benefits are quicker shifts, and no missed downshifts (aka. mechanical over rev on downshift which can result in a bent valves and a blown motor)

Originally Posted by rijowysock
is that the stock suspension? is the RS the only GT car to come with height adjustable coilovers or does the GT3 also have them? (first ive noticed this)

mods look amazing, car is going to be a beast on the track
Rijowysock, the GT3's, and GT2's come with height adjustable coil overs from the factory. For the 1st round of the build we kept OE dampers. However, we added the RSS Tarmac Series Stage 2 Monoball Suspension Kit. For the 2nd phase, we have a set of 3 Way Adjustable Dampers on the way.

Originally Posted by lopro
I love this thread, The whole build was great over on 6speed and rennlist. I read every bit of it numerous times.

I had to invest in the shift I progressive shift light and few rss suspension pieces also. I will be buying few more items used in this thread soon, cant wait to see what else is in store. This has to be one of my all time favs right here. Thanks for posting. Pics and story is really interesting
Lopro, glad your enjoying it..

Originally Posted by cc8s
Very cool - I like the sense of humour!
Cc8s, thanks, we like to have fun with our builds..

Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
How bout an update.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
i am very much enjoying it, Its a great build and one of my fav cars on the net. you guys have cool styles

Old 01-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
extremely impresive,

Quick Reply: RSS: "The Colonel" GT3-RS