Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

♦ Sonic MS | Akrapovic EVO Porsche GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
the exhaust sounds absolutely amazing! That roar in sport mode is awesome!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS
Approximately 45-50bhp / 35-40 ft.lb of torque depending on the level of octane fuel you have available (91/93 US OCT).
I wish. Might want to double check those numbers

(said by an Evolution Full/Race system owner)

Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS
Approximately 45-50bhp / 35-40 ft.lb of torque depending on the level of octane fuel you have available (91/93 US OCT).
I've been holding back just to be nice BUT this is enough.
Please please what Koolaide are you drinking, sir Mr. Cal???
This is an okay system. You guys wet your shorts about how pretty it looks but for the price/value it isn't there. In addition the exhaust note, oh please. Many of you guys really do not get out much, do you!
There's a little "know nothing" POS company called M&M out there. They make exhaust for "a few race teams, duh Flying Lizard and ect..."
But you know what? That's just fine, linger in your delusions.
Keep blowing your money on Akrap ... you lose.
Hey guess what ... I was never here but I'm laughing.
Again, frankly blow your money where you wish. You're all grown men.
You do not wish to know the truth then it's on you.

I'm fvckin done with this fvckin topic. You guys swallow what you want.
Which you have, sadly.

Ranger

Old 06-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
loooooooooooooooool

Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 AM
a_Y
Teamspeed Junior Member
a_Y is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
This is an okay system. You guys wet your shorts about how pretty it looks but for the price/value it isn't there. In addition the exhaust note, oh please. Many of you guys really do not get out much, do you!
There's a little "know nothing" POS company called M&M out there. They make exhaust for "a few race teams, duh Flying Lizard and ect..."

Which you have, sadly.

Ranger
Yes I don't believe those claims on power too but thanks anyway for the info Cal.

Mr Ranger, I know you don't like the exhausts Akrapovic make. But everyone has different tastes and preferences. I just find it weird that you seem to have to be involved in threads promoting the Akrapovic systems. As you said, we are all grown men and we make our own decisions on where to spend our money. Just as you spent yours putting vinyl on your hood and roof. You seemed to pretty happy and proud about your car's new look. It's not to everyone's tastes but hey you liked it so you did it. And we respect that. Please then respect what some others want to do to their cars and where they spend their money. If, as you said, you are done with this topic, then please may I kindly suggest you to just not comment on these threads that you are done with? Thanks.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
NeverFastEnough is an unknown quantity at this point

Which you have, sadly.

Ranger
That is a pretty strong opinion you have there! WOW! I am curious as to why. I assume you have seen and heard the Akrapovic stuff and obviously did not like it. Was it just the sound (online sound clips are never very accurate and in person is always better) or was it the cost, build quality, warranty, reliabilty, etc.? Over the years I have had many different makes of vehicles and after-market exhaust systems, and unfortunately have found very little objective information between systems, but an aweful lot of subjective opinions between all the different systems.

I have read similar opinions to yours' before about Akrapovic...people seem to either love them or hate them. Why do you hate them so much? I am not criticizing you...I am just curious, that is all .

Old 06-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Cal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by savyboy
I wish. Might want to double check those numbers
Those were the numbers provided to me from EVOMS. I've contacted them directly in regards to these expected power gains and hopefully they'll chime in soon with additional supporting documentation and/or information.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
HellaFunctional is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice..can't beat the quality..

Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enough

Which you have, sadly.

Ranger
Ranger,

First of all, just want to say you have a beautiful stable of cars and have one of the best looking and modded GT3s here on the forums..... I love following your threads of what you do to your GT3

I LOVE ALL exhaust manufacturers... each has their strong and low points......

To say one brand is better than another is subjective.....

M&M is a good product and yes many race teams have them especially one of my favs THE FLYING LIZARD!!!!

But remember who won the 24 hr in NURBURHING

http://www.akrapovic.com/news/2011/j...-nordschleife/

Akrapovic Rule at the Ring — Titanium Performance, the home of Akrapovi

--------------------------------------------------

For the price, M&M is the way to go for dollar to performance amount. I considered the M&M system after I heard and saw your car. I also toyed with just getting the Sharkwerks bypass.

AKRAPOVIC is $$$$$, but they also do a lot of research & development and use great materials for their products. Their craftmanship is also top notch.

--------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the ride and happy motoring

Last edited by jbigelow; 06-28-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute

Which you have, sadly.

Ranger
I don't read any truth or even a shred of substantiated logic in your response; just a boatload of opinionated, hateful and uninsightful ranting...