Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you planning on getting the sequential shifter for your 4.0?
Yes, its a track application.
4.35%
Yes, even though it will be mostly driven on street.
4.35%
Maybe, considering but not decided yet.
17.39%
No, the sequential shifter does not belong in the 4.0
73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Who here is planning to install sequential shifter for the 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
m5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished road
Who here is planning to install sequential shifter for the 4.0

My plans for the 4.0 involve having a significant track device role and as such I have been giving thought to installing the sequential gear shifter from the get go. How many of you are planning on this modification or have at least thought about it so far? I have attached a poll here as well but more interested in your thoughts for why or why not.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Please don't do it until I've had a chance to drive it with the reg 6 speed shifter

Are you really getting an allocation from PNS?

Old 06-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
m5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bonehead
Please don't do it until I've had a chance to drive it with the reg 6 speed shifter

Are you really getting an allocation from PNS?
Do I have an allocation? It sure looks like it, I have a huge deposit with a dealer and they did send me a written contract.

But as you know, I am not a rich guy, I am a plain old computer programmer and so really don't have any recourse against the dealer if they choose to give my allocation to someone else for 50K over MSRP down the road.

Hopefully it won't happen but you never know these days (shit like this has happened to me before, I wanted a limited edition camera that came out this year and had confirmation from samy's camera that it was mine with a deposit in place, when the time came, they asked for 5K over to deliver it, I don't do that sort of thing so I don't have that camera now).

As for the sequential shifter, I am on the sidelines myself, I know it will go on the car eventually, along with the rev blipper eventually, but I just wanted to see what others were thinking.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Why ruin a 4.0 , why not just get a cup car ?

Genuine question no insult meant btw

Old 06-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I may move the one in my 3.8L over to the 4.0L not sure yet. It works great on the race track but is not that user friendly for in town stop and go traffic.

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 06-26-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
It is a bit harder on the syncro's but at least it prevents the 5-2 instead of 5-4 downshift money shift. There are a few around here and the drivers seem to enjoy them.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
I like the cup car idea!

Old 06-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by wtdoom

For one, I can't keep both the cup and the 4.0.

Second, this may sound like blasphemy but I would love to get the 4.0 but use any left over funds for a corvette or even a gtr. The Z06/Z07 has been growing on me for a while.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom

Or both...........

Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by GTCole
Or both...........
If I could do that, I would have ordered the 918.

Quick Reply: Who here is planning to install sequential shifter for the 4.0