Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: which would you choose?
7.1 3RS
72.13%
R8
27.87%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

7.1 3RS or R8

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
R8 for everyday use
RS if you want a "race" car...
+1!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura about
Rs all the time

Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
7.1 GT3RS, because it is AWESOME! If I were given an R8, I would call the Porsche dealership and go trade it in on one, or a TT.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
RS all the way!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by IIVVX
was discussing this with a friend, which would you choose & why?

they are the same money, both good drivers cars (one being more so imo). the argument im hearing is that the 911 isn't special enough (not a bespoke model in the range), mid engine weight transfer is more desirable, rear biased awd on R8 has "perfect" balance , better interior, looks etc. some of these points you can readily argue, some though...

assumption is near dd (weather permitting)

vs

I think you should post the same question in the Audi Thread if you want to obtain some advise pro R8...

Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
RS without a doubt. I haven't driven an R8 yet but the RS is definitely DD-able and will offer more long term enjoyment, imo.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
we have both in the family (GT3 is not an RS but more extrem due to tuning by RStuning)

I would say for dd the R8 is a better choice. It can be used all year, snow, rain etc is not a problem for the R8. And it looks really good and the V8 is fantastic,especially with aftermark exhaust, sounds really good and is a blast to drive. Just don`t buy the r-tronic, its boring and slow. 6speed is the way to go.

The GT3 is faster,more fun to drive,better handling, better sound etc. I just LOVE taking the GT3 for a weekend drive and to the track. But you will get tired of the fullcage and the racing seats (which is standard in europe) if you dd the car. The suspenion is pretty stiff too.

Thats my opinion. But i think you should drive the cars to get an idea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 04-13-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Take both !!! If not you are gay !!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
RS for sure. Even compared to the V10, I'd take the RS all day long. So fun to drive.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:59 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
looks like most of you agree with me, i have driven both and prefer the ultimate interaction of the 3RS. the chatter an RS gives you from all the controls is miles above the audi. the R8 has a fantastic engine though, very tractable and sounds excellent. it's hard to argue against the powertrain (both manual gearboxes obviously) and the mid engine balance but regarding the other points i think the RS shines.

i will say i was impressed by the quattro system on the R8, its rearward bias was to such a degree that it felt almost like a RWD car, only the lack of steering purity indicating the actual drivetrain configuration.