Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 owners, is the GT2 really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carbon
and the fact that GT2 can have GT3 RS for breakfast any day,
We all know GT2 are fast in straight line, but you don't need to talk nonsense here.

Get yourself a stock GT2 and I welcome you to play at my local track with my bone stock GT3RS. If you can eat mine for breakfast I'll give you my RS for free.

Straight line acceleration is not everything. It is just a number for kids to discuss after reading their car magazines.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
If the car stirs your soul then buy it.

Cars almost never make good investments anyway.

It is about the passion and joy of driving it.

I get a bit tired of hearing about depreciation all the time.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
We all know GT2 are fast in straight line, but you don't need to talk nonsense here.

Get yourself a stock GT2 and I welcome you to play at my local track with my bone stock GT3RS. If you can eat mine for breakfast I'll give you my RS for free.

Straight line acceleration is not everything. It is just a number for kids to discuss after reading their car magazines.
plus eleventy two

Old 03-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute

If the GT2 is about straight line only, then the Nurburgring times of the two cars wouldn't be so close.

If you like the NA cars, fine, but no reason to imply that the GT2 can't turn.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
my opinion...

if you're into NA get a 7.1 GT3/RS and do a 3.9 kit

if you're into boost get a 996 GT2 and do a switzer P700 kit
I love the 996 GT2 because it's a no apology driver's car that will kill rich hamfisted drivers quickly, and not everyone can drive it on the track and not go into the armaco.

I might still get another one at some point.

The 997 GT2's are better looking, but it no longer can be called the widow maker, since it comes with Please Save Me (yes, I know it's called TC on the 997 GT cars).

I do need to look into the rear belt mounts on the 997 though, it is a much more liveable car with NAV, carpeting under the seat, a working radio, and general softness.I know the 996 has them, but I heard that they removed all the mounts in 997 GT cars, making the options of retrofitting rear belts for carseats impossible.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
If the GT2 is about straight line only, then the Nurburgring times of the two cars wouldn't be so close.

If you like the NA cars, fine, but no reason to imply that the GT2 can't turn.
I'm not implying that GT2 can't turn, but I do not believe that a GT2 can eat a GT3RS for breakfast.

As you said, they have very similar Ring time, so who is eating who for breakfast there? Sounds more like they are just both eating together.

I frequently track with a local 997GT2 driven by a good driver. We usually turn in similar track times. Anyone who claim a GT2 is much faster than a GT3RS simply do not know what he is talking about.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Porsche being one of the most technologically advanced manufacturer when it comes to turbo engines...
For a reason that I cannot explain this does not happen with GT2 models. The engine is a 10 years old 3.6L!!!
Anyone know why?

and the fact that GT2 can have GT3 RS for breakfast any day
I would not be so sure...

Old 03-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
If you can eat mine for breakfast I'll give you my RS for free.

Originally Posted by stuka
I love the 996 GT2 because it's a no apology driver's car that will kill rich hamfisted drivers quickly, and not everyone can drive it on the track and not go into the armaco.

I might still get another one at some point.

The 997 GT2's are better looking, but it no longer can be called the widow maker, since it comes with Please Save Me (yes, I know it's called TC on the 997 GT cars)
you sound like my friend that keeps crashing

I frequently track with a local 997GT2 driven by a good driver. We usually turn in similar track times. Anyone who claim a GT2 is much faster than a GT3RS simply do not know what he is talking about.
ive never met a gt2 that was quicker than me on the track, infact they would always be super annoying, waiting for us to come by and then try to prove theyre quicker when the track straightend out, we came up with a solution though, wed stick closest to them on the turns, theyd get so nervous and spin out, works 99% of the time

another fact the bic's track record has been held by an 07 rs for about 2 years now

Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think anyone hates the GT2, it;s just that they're annoyed by it (for whatever reason that may be). I love the GT2 personally. And actually, I have never seen so much hate and criticism about Porsche anywhere else on the internet, than here, a Porsche forum...

Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
If the car stirs your soul then buy it.

Cars almost never make good investments anyway.

It is about the passion and joy of driving it.

I get a bit tired of hearing about depreciation all the time.

Quick Reply: GT2 owners, is the GT2 really that bad?