Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I have never Double Clutched anything but a truck. So I don't know about that. What's the advantage to double clutching?

I'm sure I heel toe it when driving I don't pay attention to that anymore.
I was just thinking that it might be an advantage so you could lower the revs a bit to match the speed? Guess not.

@gmaccormack I knew you knew what they were, but those videos just had to be posted. And, if I knew a lot about driving, I wouldn't be asking questions, now would I? I learned everything about driving from you guys.

Last edited by Carrera; 12-31-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
with just a small touch to the throttle while heal towing you get 8k rpms. It's the same pressure required to get 1k rpms in a normal car. Even my gt3rs takes 4 times as much pressure.

Until you've driven a car with a light flywheel you won't get it. My RS America has a super lightweight as well for the years I raced it. Then my cups were the ultimate lightweight. The cgt could even spin more freely.

Clutch in or Clutch out the car will rev to 8k rpms with absolutely no effort. This is why my cgt is the car I will most likely be scared of my entire life. The day you don't respect the cgt's power is the day you need to sell it.

There are most likely only 25 drivers in the world with the skillset to drive one. I ain't one of them. The first couple of drives I went on I left another cgt and 2 scuds so fast thru the twisties is was like they weren't behind me and that was running at 50% maybe. The cars are bullits and just a pleasure to drive fast as long as you RESPECT and OBEY the laws of physics. It's a Daytona Prototype with blinkers.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
cool review, john! thanks for sharing and congrats. i am sure you will get more comfortable with it and find the time/places to enjoy it most (aka not the city with traffic).

Old 01-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
with just a small touch to the throttle while heal towing you get 8k rpms. It's the same pressure required to get 1k rpms in a normal car. Even my gt3rs takes 4 times as much pressure.

Until you've driven a car with a light flywheel you won't get it. My RS America has a super lightweight as well for the years I raced it. Then my cups were the ultimate lightweight. The cgt could even spin more freely.

Clutch in or Clutch out the car will rev to 8k rpms with absolutely no effort. This is why my cgt is the car I will most likely be scared of my entire life. The day you don't respect the cgt's power is the day you need to sell it.

There are most likely only 25 drivers in the world with the skillset to drive one. I ain't one of them. The first couple of drives I went on I left another cgt and 2 scuds so fast thru the twisties is was like they weren't behind me and that was running at 50% maybe. The cars are bullits and just a pleasure to drive fast as long as you RESPECT and OBEY the laws of physics. It's a Daytona Prototype with blinkers.
He's correct, I've also driven his RS America and CGT and can testify to that. It's tricky to get it right but oh it's a great feeling when you do! I also watched Mark drive his GT3 Cup several times and he killed it so many times I thought, "can he drive?" so if that happens to him in that car then it must really be that tricky to modulate.

And, I was in one of the Scuds when Mark drove the CGT. He pulled so fast that I thought I wasn't moving and had to check the speedo. That thing on the move sure MOVES!

Last edited by atomic80; 01-03-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Great....

Old 01-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Great....
I bet most people couldn't do any better.

It sure was a great sound when it finally got moving.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Great....
Hey no one realizes how hard most supercars are to drive until they actually drive them as I'm sure you know. I remember the first time I climbed in a CGT. The idea of having such an awesome car and using it as a daily is awesome in theory but in practice it's hard to do.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
how he let you near that thing is beyond me

Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
how he let you near that thing is beyond me
Me too! Oh well, I'm glad he did. Driving a CGT is something I'll never forget.