Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
its ok i bet most of us would end up sahring that same experience

howevr that stil wouldnt stop me from punching atomic for posting that vid on a public forum

Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
there goes the clutch!
seriously though, porsche made the GT for places that arent any stop signs, traffic lights, and pedestrians.
somewhere called the track, maybe.

Originally Posted by atomic80
....And on a final note, sorry Alex, but I just had to post the video.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
congrats John, loved the writeup ! The CGT drive experience continues long after the ignition is turned off...I think thats the sign of a truly awesome car

Enjoy it in the best of health my friend, continued success !

Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
CGT start

Note no throttle until clutch is fully released then mash it.

YouTube - Carrera GT airfield start

And from inside the car, note how quickly you can do it after practice - but still a royal PIA

Some profanity at the end of this - apologies

YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT 193mph
That looks like a Noble giving the CGT fits.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
John, give it some time. The CGT clutch is challenging for sure but put some miles on her and it actually will feel like second nature. Happy that you picked up your dream.....you "poor" bastard. I don't think so! Go easy though lest you unleash those 612 horses inadvertently. Congrats!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
haha thanks, its my 2nd week and drove it like 7 times, defintely more used to it and no more stalling, but i wont bet on feeling like second nature though, im in my 30s and in good shape but i surrender to the old timers on this one!

Originally Posted by Kuzi
John, give it some time. The CGT clutch is challenging for sure but put some miles on her and it actually will feel like second nature. Happy that you picked up your dream.....you "poor" bastard. I don't think so! Go easy though lest you unleash those 612 horses inadvertently. Congrats!

Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That CGT looks very stable at 193mph, I've been 186 in one before in the passenger seat with my maniac friend driving on the palisades parkway passing cars on their right. Now its time to get one for myself. It's my dream car but I know it's not anything close to a daily driver. The clutch is like doing leg presses. It's soo rewarding though. Glad to hear your enjoying the car now. Here is a video of my friends 1st CGT, he's now on his 4th, don't ask.

Passing by Porsche Carrera GT crash. (Filming from - Car Videos on StreetFire

In the video these clowns said he was on a run which is not true. He was heading to his office. Cold weather and cold tires = CGT meets trees.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche claims 0-60 for the CGT in 3.9, but tests show results more like 3.6. Porsche claims a 205mph top speed, but tests show somewhere more like 210-215mph... Just sayin'

Old 01-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Porsche is notorious for listing low numbers, always very conservative.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Carrara
Porsche claims a 205mph top speed, but tests show somewhere more like 210-215mph... Just sayin'
Just sayin' your spreading internet myth here bud - CGT tops out at 207mph no more, it has very high CdA which limits its 612PS to this speed only but makes it mega stable.

Enzo has special aero which closes flaps/channels at very high speeds to allow it to crack on to its real 221mph top speed - CGT does not.

I know there is a vid knocking about showing a white CGT doind 215mph but either the timing gear is wrong (happens much more than you think with this type of beam equipment), the engine is tuned or it is downhill - checkout the real regulated test below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsL20Cejdjs

Last edited by TB993tt; 01-09-2011 at 06:00 PM.