Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010 | 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-27-2010 | 06:08 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Hani I just heard on CNBC you

is now worth

Great post!
Great post Dear Hani ... Well said "very much indeed".

Old 09-27-2010 | 07:47 AM
B7R
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
I had a dream last night that this GT3 RS Limited Edition:

- has the same body as current model, BUT with no RS body Stripes !
- limited to 500 units & delivers 500 bhp out of a new 4.0 engine !
- the car has a KERS button, BUT not Hybrid !
- & believe it or not, a PDK gearbox !

I guess I'll keep dreaming until this "dream" becomes true ....

Old 09-27-2010 | 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B7R

OMG. I had the same dream. Mine was Mexico Blue, what was yours?

Old 09-27-2010 | 08:00 AM
B7R
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
OMG. I had the same dream. Mine was Mexico Blue, what was yours?
Well, mine was Pure Blue with Black & Blue Alcantara Interior

& Did yours had the "small" GT3 RS door sticker in ORANGE ?

Old 09-27-2010 | 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B7R
Well, mine was Pure Blue with Black & Blue Alcantara Interior

& Did yours had the "small" GT3 RS door sticker in ORANGE ?
Nope. Mine was black to go along with the subtle black accents. My interior was all black with deviated blue stitching and carbon galore with blue dials. Everyone loved it too.

Old 09-27-2010 | 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B7R

Dreams u say! ur dreams r scary, especially when it's porsche related

Old 09-27-2010 | 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by B7R
I had a dream last night...
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
OMG. I had the same dream...
I have dreams of light weight mean machines too...

Originally Posted by ljg

Old 09-27-2010 | 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B7R

Would love to get a pdf of this dream

Old 09-27-2010 | 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
i hope its not a hybrid.

i'm all for new technologies, and the time WILL come when hybrid supercars exist and blow our current supercars out of the water.

BUT the technology is still in its infancy, and whether its the 918 or a GT3RS LE hybrid, i'm afraid to imagine how we'll be looking at either car in 5-10 yrs time.

at the time the 918 comes out, its hybrid drive will be absolute state-of-the-art. however because it is a new technology, and one that the really big manufacturers (GM, Toyota, et al) are all pursuing, it will develop VERY quickly.

So within a few years after the 918's launch, the once state-of-the-art hybrid motor will look quaint next to the hybrid engines in grocery getter Prius' and other mass market hybrid cars (from a pure efficiency and sophistication standpoint of course, NOT in terms of output). the newer hybrid motors in the mass market cars of the next few years post-918 would have benefited from leaps and strides in hybrid technology since the 918's introduction.

here's my not-entirely-accurate, but i think nevertheless relevant analogy.

The F40 and the 959 were contemporaries, and were both celebrated as the pinnacles of automotive engineering of their day.

but while the 959 introduced computer controlled AWD technology to the supercar world, the F40 went with the tried-and-tested formula of lightweight, and turbo motor (this was after all, the heyday of the turbo in Formula One).

And though turbo motors have come a long way since the F40, AWD trickery in our supercars has come much MUCH further. So where the F40's engine is still celebrated for its ferocity and character, the 959's AWD system just looks plain crude and clunky, compared to a "pedestrian" 997 Turbo; or let's face it, even compared to a "cheap" Subaru or Mitsu Evo.

This is why the CGT is the better long-term "keeper" than the 918, because it, like the F40, is largely a "purist's" supercar, and will age much more gracefully than the 918.

So with respect to the GT3RS "LE"... if it will be built, i'd like to see it being closer to a 4.0 Metzger, than using some new fangled technology.

(again, NOT against new tech... just saying, if i were buying a "keeper" performance car, it would be something that went with something tried and true)

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!