Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS II production numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The vast majority of people would not know what a gt3 rs is, I'm surprised you all think they would. I for example have no idea about 95% of the people you see flicking through the pages of hello magazine etc and I'm sure many would be amazed by that.

The fact someone buys the car that has never heard of it is not that unusual. In the uk we have dealers like Romans, Tom Hartley etc that sell a wide range of super cars under one roof. Someone hits it rich, decides they want a new posh car they trot down to the toy shop and take a couple for a spin.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
Fair enough.
I'm shocked someone wouldn't know about a GT3 RS, but there are some people who still live in boxes.
I bet 90%+ of the driving population doesn't know what a GT3 RS is. And I bet 50% of Porsche owners don't. People with the base Boxster or Cayenne wouldn't care... Different price point, or kind of car, and they usually aren't sitting in showrooms when their car goes in for service (or at least shouldn't be).

Old 08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
case in point: just spoke to a guy whom thought all Porsche look the same and didn't realize a 911 IS NOT Boxster.

Yes, he needs to get out more; but thats not the point. LOL

Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Wow.

Have you ever met a Porsche owner that didn't know the even 911 existed?

I hate it when people say Porsches look the same. For example, when they can't tell apart a 996 from a 997. My dad thought the old Cayenne was the new one...

Old 08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Actually to Porsche's credit- that's the point. Evolutionary; NOT revolutionary when it comes to redesigns.

So look at it that Porsche is doing what they promise. That the vehicle is completely recognizable as a PORSCHE.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ That's why I love Porsche. Some cars, such as the Eclipse, each generation looks completely different.

Porsches change a very small amount, so you can still tell the car apart. The original Corvette looks nothing like the Corvette today, but the original 911 looks like a modern sleeker version of the original 911. That's a very hard thing to do. Designing a Porsche isn't easy at all.