Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS II production numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
hey 13y/o pshop/doodle all day/eating fruity pebbles/picking your wedgies boy-

shush your mouth and stick to what you know best- drawing, picking your nose and smelling your sisters friends unda pants.

Carry on.

And FYI: 3 of the Turbo S's we sold were to NON owning Porsche owners. Nor have they ever owned a Turbo.

So again, shush your mouth.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
Correct. I saw a guy test driving a new RS that knew almost nothing about it. Also, I think it might be partially true that they sell themselves considering last month a dealer near me had 4 Turbo S's, now they have 1 Turbo S, and 3 used 911 Turbos. The reason I say partially is because everyone who bought the Turbo S already had a Turbo.
amazing...

Old 08-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Not everyone is hyper aware of the cars existance nor is already a previous Porsche owner. Some people who purchase the RS - just became aware of it and then buy it.

This isn't a vacuum we live in.

uh it would be nice if that was true.
we can agree & disagree all day long. but it'd be pretty sad about guys who have no idea what the RS is before walking into the dealership. if they end up buying it u'll probably see they come back pretty soon to trade a Turbo. i guess it's not fair to say Porsche makes it too many compare to Turbo for example. yea i understand they're in the business of selling cars to make a living. but the ''RS'' name deserves more respect than sitting on the showroom floor. that was my point.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
hey 13y/o pshop/doodle all day/eating fruity pebbles/picking your wedgies boy-

shush your mouth and stick to what you know best- drawing, picking your nose and smelling your sisters friends unda pants.

Carry on.

And FYI: 3 of the Turbo S's we sold were to NON owning Porsche owners. Nor have they ever owned a Turbo.

So again, shush your mouth.
Wow. I dont' believe I would have said that.

To a great extent, the cars look so good, that they do sell themselves. It doesn't take much effort. The only hurdle being the buyer's ability to pay.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=rjmontoya;697391]The list helps put things in perspective. One file from this page is this:
Porsche 911 (997) GT3 RS Registry -- How Many?

While it is not complete, it at least gives a ballpark of how many RS's there are compared to, say, all variants of the Turbo. The Turbo is not a limited series production car but it isn't exactly the most common car either, so seeing the ratio of the two makes the RS seem more limited.

QUOTE]

Cool. Guy even quoted me on the list. How funny. And my car is not listed as a VIN on the list. I do like his efforts and list though.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Stoppie how do you know what the case was with the Turbo S' at pcgt13yo's dealer?

Old 08-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are taking my jokes with 13 year old guy too literally.....he's okay lol.

Jc- to a large extent you're correct. However there are many scenarios that play out and conversations had about the car. None of which are the ability to pay.....not with the clients whom I've dealt with. But a matter of "does this car fit my lifestyle?"

Once people are brought up to speed of what the RS and/or other GT car is- it's the above conversation that plays out.

And FYI I've sold GT3s and 1 RS to clients who own p cars and were not aware of the cars existence. Again you gotta realize we ( ppl pike us) are vastly more aware if such cars. Many ppl are not.

Wyatt- I was referring to my clients .

Old 08-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
It's okay, I didn't take it to heart.

Anyway, I'm surprised the Porsche owners weren't aware. Like, really surprised.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Fair enough.
I'm shocked someone wouldn't know about a GT3 RS, but there are some people who still live in boxes.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Teamspeed Member
jenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura about
is there also a list for 996 GT3 RS in europe(belgium)? thanks

Quick Reply: GT3 RS II production numbers