Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 GT3RS Purchase Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
2011 GT3RS Purchase Dilemma

Update: I bought the car. We worked out a very reasonable price and I was happy with my trade value. So next week I'll be breaking in a 2011 RS.

So...... I have a decision to make. I've been asking my dealer to get me an allocation for a GT3 RS. He came through but it's a built car. I planned on trading my 2010 GT3 against this car. It would be used 90% for the track.

My spec would have been Blue w/White Gold as first choice and Dk Gray with red as second. Options would have been lift system and not much else.

The car I can buy is Dk Gray with Red and fully loaded. NAV, Full Leather, PCCB, cornering lights, lift system, premium sound, deviated stitching, etc., etc. The extra bucks don't bother me that much, it's just having full leather and a bunch of stuff I don't need in a track car. Not sure how much all of the extra's would really get me on resale either.

I'm leaning towards taking the car. But the spec is bugging me.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 06-08-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:38 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Get it if they give you a deal. Besides, what's wrong with having a full leather interior?

And if you are tracking a car, why would you have ordered it with out PCCB's? JW.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
Get it if they give you a deal. Besides, what's wrong with having a full leather interior?

And if you are tracking a car, why would you have ordered it with out PCCB's? JW.
I have PCCB's now and love them. But from a maintenance standpoint, the steel brakes work very well and their cost of ownership is much less. Full leather is just something else to take car of. I wanted no frills, low maintenance. Drive it hard and put it away dirty. Just feel like I'm paying $20k extra for options the next owner will only pay $5k for.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I have PCCB's now and love them. But from a maintenance standpoint, the steel brakes work very well and their cost of ownership is much less. Full leather is just something else to take car of. I wanted no frills, low maintenance. Drive it hard and put it away dirty. Just feel like I'm paying $20k extra for options the next owner will only pay $5k for.
I thought the PCCB's last a lot longer on a car. And from talking to people that have bought used RS's, I noticed that most looked for cars with options. And the ones without options usually sat unsold for awhile.

If what your saying is the case, than i would wait. Maybe scope out some other dealers in local states. Good luck!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:22 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i would pass. if it's a track car no sense getting one with those options. you may find a base RS on a lot and get a good deal as well. keep looking.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
As much as I would love for you to get the rs, I would pass.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would probably pass too if its not want you want. It pains me to admit it but at some point there will be more on the market than there are now. Of course the problem there is your gt3 will be worth less.

Pccbs are great when worn in mate. Didn't get them until I did 3 dry trackdays in a row. Over an hour non stop and they were stopping as good as they ever did. A little less feel yes, great stoppers though. They are also supposed to be a good option to start with. You can always buy steel disks once they are worn.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by woppum
Pccbs are great when worn in mate. Didn't get them until I did 3 dry trackdays in a row. Over an hour non stop and they were stopping as good as they ever did. A little less feel yes, great stoppers though. They are also supposed to be a good option to start with. You can always buy steel disks once they are worn.
How long do the PCCB's usually last?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm not an expert but I remember being told that a porsche cup team managed to get a set of disks to last a whole season. Steels I think have to be changed every other race.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I would also pass.....can they order you one to spec?

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3RS Purchase Dilemma