Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3 GIRL
blah blah blah
post pics of yourself or gtfo, no one cares about your GT3.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
^+1.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCay
That explanation makes no sense to me.
Have you driven a similar car with a manual transmission on the track? I can't imagine that the shift time difference is that much between the MT and the faux sequential.

I am pretty fast on the MT box. A few people have asked me if I have a sequential or pdk shifter when they hear me change gears around the track. Still, I would never change gears around a corner. Upsetting the balance of the car like that is just dangerous. Consider what might happen if someone is leaking oil in front of you.

The only real advantage that I can honestly see to this shifter is that you can't miss a shift. This doesn't protect against over-revs if you shift down too early (or does it?).
It allows you to get on the power earlier in the turn, and takes away the shift time since you do not use the clutch.

And no, you use the clutch for downshifting.

Watch this video :

YouTube - Leh Keen at Road Atlanta (996RSR)

Old 02-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
^The OP was talking about a sequential shifter with a regular MT gear box. So you still have to use the clutch.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
^The OP was talking about a sequential shifter with a regular MT gear box. So you still have to use the clutch.
Exactly. Which is why I doubt this shifter's ability to improve anything for mid-corner shifting.

If she was talking about a true sequential, a PDK (dual clutch) or a ZeroShift transmission, then yeah... corner shifting here I come. But not a unit where you lose power to your rear wheels in the corner.

Last edited by JCay; 02-28-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JCay
Exactly. Which is why I doubt this shifter's ability to improve anything for mid-corner shifting.

If she was talking about a true sequential, a PDK (dual clutch) or a ZeroShift transmission, then yeah... corner shifting here I come. But not a unit where you lose power to your rear wheels in the corner.

Oh haha I must've misread what you wrote. Yea, the only thing a sequential shifter does is prevent people from mis-shifting.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
post pics!!! then mary me

Old 03-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tips
post pics!!! then mary me

You've been Mary'd

Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to allGT3 GIRL is a name known to all
Pics

As you requested.......

Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Amy is legit guys. Give her a chance.

Welcome to the TEAM Amy.

Quick Reply: Sequential Shifter