Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which of these 3 options would you keep in?
Front Axle Lifting System $3,490
31.67%
Black Full Leather $3,285
50.00%
Carbon Packages (AC vents, knob/brake lever, entry guards) $3,430
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

2010 GT3RS April Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever you do, DO NOT exclude the lift. I just picked up my GT3 and it cannot go anywhere. I have a stack of 2x4's (I'm not kidding) in the car and have to have a spotter when I go up any driveway. It also takes at least 5-10 minutes entering and 5-10 minutes leaving any driveway. It seriously sucks. Friends' house, gas station and given you DO NOT want to park it out in the street and would want to put it into a driveway, you will need the lift. I thought it was silly and all i cared about was the mounts and the buckets. Also, the regular seats are soooo much more comfortable than the buckets but given yours is an RS you have to get the buckets Consider yourself warned. The inside is pretty blah so the carbon would go a long way. If I could do it all again, i would order the lift and the sport seats. Actually I would just get the lift on an RS

Last edited by s4awd; 02-01-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s4awd
Whatever you do, DO NOT exclude the lift. I just picked up my GT3 and it cannot go anywhere. I have a stack of 2x4's (I'm not kidding) in the car and have to have a spotter when I go up any driveway. It also takes at least 5-10 minutes entering and 5-10 minutes leaving any driveway. It seriously sucks. Friends' house, gas station and given you DO NOT want to park it out in the street and would want to put it into a driveway, you will need the lift. I thought it was silly and all i cared about was the mounts and the buckets. Also, the regular seats are soooo much more comfortable than the buckets but given yours is an RS you have to get the buckets Consider yourself warned. The inside is pretty blah so the carbon would go a long way.
Thanks - warning heard loud and clear. However, I'm a bit confused - are the 997.2s that much lower than the 997.1s??? I've lived okay in NJ/NYC without the lift and granted I do scrape here and there, it hasn't been such a problem for me.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Thanks - warning heard loud and clear. However, I'm a bit confused - are the 997.2s that much lower than the 997.1s??? I've lived okay in NJ/NYC without the lift and granted I do scrape here and there, it hasn't been such a problem for me.
I'm in NYC and I can't park in my parent's driveway, my best friends driveway and uhh oh yeah, MY DRIVEWAY The car is VERY low. I haven't actually seen a 997.1 GT3 in person but the mk2 is super low and the lip is really far forward. Maybe it's because it's the most expensive car I ever purchased or the thought of it falling off or just that horrible sound. It's not just a scrape sound a solid piece of rubber undercarage but that krakrag kakkakaka sound of hard plastic that's about to break off that's getting to me

Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mr5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Agree. I used to have a lamborghini gallardo and the lift is certainly useful. the reason I decided to get the new RS is the lift option. I live in apartment with underground carpark.... Between the lightweight bucket seat and standard sports bucket seat, I intend to stick to standard. PCCB is a must have option too eventhough it will look bad with red wheels.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
but that krakrag kakkakaka sound of hard plastic that's about to break off that's getting to me
ouch!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Thanks - warning heard loud and clear. However, I'm a bit confused - are the 997.2s that much lower than the 997.1s??? ....
Here are pics of both. It could be the angle the photo was taken but the 997.2 looks lower.

Seriously what driveway can accomodate that lip?? the Caymen looks like a gravel stage rally car compared to the GT3

Last edited by s4awd; 02-02-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
The 997.2 GT3 is 30mm lower than the 997.1 GT3.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
seriously, next to the GT3 that cayman looks like an offroad vehicle.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by JMD0977
The 997.2 GT3 is 30mm lower than the 997.1 GT3.
The lift raises the mk2 by about 30mm which pretty much means with the lift at full height the mk2 is still as low as a mk1 997 GT3. sheesh

Old 02-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
The lift raises the mk2 by about 30mm which pretty much means with the lift at full height the mk2 is still as low as a mk1 997 GT3. sheesh
I take back what i'd previously said. The lift system IS a must!

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS April Build