Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which of these 3 options would you keep in?
Front Axle Lifting System $3,490
31.67%
Black Full Leather $3,285
50.00%
Carbon Packages (AC vents, knob/brake lever, entry guards) $3,430
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

2010 GT3RS April Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
The votes for carbon trim accents appear to be going up -- wouldn't it be weird though to have CF without the full leather?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JAMS
I do believe you are correct... here is how the Configurator shows it:
Yes, but the configurator has been known to be wrong pretty often.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
^ Unfortunate but true!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
as the worlds biggest rs fan i feel the urge to say somethin here, NO LEATHER for the most extreme, hardcore, stripped out, track ready 911, if its doesnt make it faster then dont order it, however there could be certain exceptions, airconditioning for ex, or leaving out an option that would kill ur chances of ever sellin it one day like pcm, i would never order the lift system but if u lived around some place like new england then its understandable since it would be impossible to roll your just acquired car out the porsche center even, as for the rest of the options order anythin that you think would look nice and wouldnt add mentionable wieght like the carbon fiber parts or the alcantara armrest etc,

I also don’t understand all the hate and dicusion bout this sports chrono package its only a $700 option in a very expensive car, if u don’t like it then don’t order it, id rather discus the steel vs pccb for the rest of my life then spend 10 mins discusin the stop watch, with that being said I personaly would order steel brakes since I like to drive on the track so much and would dread the thought of having to replace the ceramics so soon

owning an rs is all about the compromise of the usual ride comforts for the pleasure of the drive
in conclusion i say addin cup holders to this car is just plain ruuude

best of luck with ur order paal, I hope you don’t pay a dime over msrp and god help u with the wait

Old 02-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding the Sport Chrono… I really like what they did to it for the Pan and hope the same will be done for the rest of their cars. Its GPS based and it can do lap times on its own without you stop’n and start’n it, plusyou can do section timings!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mr5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
whats the comfort difference between standard sports bucket seat and the light weight bucket seat ? I dont see much difference there in terms of comfort and weight savings of 10kg over the standard seat does not warrant it.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:39 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I heard and read that the ceramics are not exactly the best option for track usage
that`d save you 8k....and you could still get aftermarket brakes if you think the standard system lacks of bite and durability

Personally,I`d prefer the Alcantara/Leather combo

Old 02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
In the UK if you spec leather you get no cage. is this not the same over the pond? If it is you are mad to spec the car without it. adds both chassis strength and protection on track. if your not buying the rs for track you are mad again.

hard to tell you what the must have options are. for me they were:

Blue/Gold (is a pay option at £800, didnt realise this!)
PCCB
Sat Nav
Sound Package plus
Lifting system
Reclining sports seats in cloth
leather dash mixed with alcantara lower part.
Sports Chrono Plus
Porsche Tracking System
Windscreen grey top tint
Audio Interface
Telephone Module
Cup Holders
Garage Door Opener
Passenger 6 point
Dynamic cornering lights
floor mats

Exclusive

Full carbon package - centre section, door sills, belt b-pillars
Lid storage bin in alcantara with 'Pork' heat embossed
Sun Visers in alcantara
Chrono in white
speedo in white

Old 02-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by mr5000
whats the comfort difference between standard sports bucket seat and the light weight bucket seat ? I dont see much difference there in terms of comfort and weight savings of 10kg over the standard seat does not warrant it.
the standard seat is still very supportive in the RS but not quite as much as the very tight light weight seat. It also sits a little higher and has the advantge of being able to tilt it back or forwards for comfort and getting the stuff in to the back. Until i sat in both i opted for the pricey light wieghts. The standards to me felt better, looked better and cost nothing so was easy.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by woppum
In the UK if you spec leather you get no cage. is this not the same over the pond? If it is you are mad to spec the car without it. adds both chassis strength and protection on track. if your not buying the rs for track you are mad again.

hard to tell you what the must have options are. for me they were:

Blue/Gold (is a pay option at £800, didnt realise this!)
PCCB
Sat Nav
Sound Package plus
Lifting system
Reclining sports seats in cloth
leather dash mixed with alcantara lower part.
Sports Chrono Plus
Porsche Tracking System
Windscreen grey top tint
Audio Interface
Telephone Module
Cup Holders
Garage Door Opener
Passenger 6 point
Dynamic cornering lights
floor mats

Exclusive

Full carbon package - centre section, door sills, belt b-pillars
Lid storage bin in alcantara with 'Pork' heat embossed
Sun Visers in alcantara
Chrono in white
speedo in white
I don't think the roll cage is available in the US if it is like the 997.1 RS. Too bad....

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS April Build