Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which of these 3 options would you keep in?
Front Axle Lifting System $3,490
31.67%
Black Full Leather $3,285
50.00%
Carbon Packages (AC vents, knob/brake lever, entry guards) $3,430
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

2010 GT3RS April Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
2010 GT3RS April Build

Lucked out and got an April build allocation. Planning on gray/red with following options:

I was hoping to spend less so would like to get any input on where I should cut.

I feel strongly about leather int+ceramics+nav+bluetooth+ipod+sport chrono plus, but everything else deserves some thought.

For example:
- dynamic cornering lights?
- axle lift system?
- carbon gear knob + side brake can probably go
- carbon entry guards are a nice touch but not critical
- crest in headrests are cheap enough but add a very nice touch
- headlight ext cover can go

I already cut out instrument dials and sport chrono dials in red.

- How important is the axle lift system do you think? I've been fine on 997.1RS without it - and it might cause mechanical problems later.
- Should I forego the leather doors+dash? Nice touch but I could get carbon package and red dials for cheaper.
These last 2 are the most pricey options that could be reconsidered.

Appreciate any helpful thoughts - thanks.

Last edited by parkmonster; 01-31-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
For me, I like leather and CF, but leather always wins out. I would keep as much leather as possible that you want in your budget, even if it means no CF goodies (like the shift knob). I would NOT do the crest in the head rests because the RS already comes with embroidery on the head rests. I would say that if you have driven around in a GT3 RS without lift system, then it probably isn't needed. I would dump the CF stuff (you can always aftermarket them), the washer nossle cover, and the dynamic cornering lights (BUT, I have never driven a 911 with them, so I don't know if they are a must have. I have driven Range Rovers with adaptive and I could care less about the option).
Also - is there a need for sport chrono on a GT3 RS? I think they are an eye sore, and it isn't like you can overboost, righT?

Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
For me, I like leather and CF, but leather always wins out. I would keep as much leather as possible that you want in your budget, even if it means no CF goodies (like the shift knob). I would NOT do the crest in the head rests because the RS already comes with embroidery on the head rests. I would say that if you have driven around in a GT3 RS without lift system, then it probably isn't needed. I would dump the CF stuff (you can always aftermarket them), the washer nossle cover, and the dynamic cornering lights (BUT, I have never driven a 911 with them, so I don't know if they are a must have. I have driven Range Rovers with adaptive and I could care less about the option).
Also - is there a need for sport chrono on a GT3 RS? I think they are an eye sore, and it isn't like you can overboost, righT?
Great point on the crest on headrests! Didn't occur to me - so you helped me avoid a big mistake. Yes, the current version saved by my dealer does not include CF + dynamic cornering lights, but does include the axle lift system. I have the cornering lights on my cayenne and they are only useful in around the neighborhood at night, and I don't plan on doing a lot of night driving in the RS so will drop it.

I like the sport chrono clock, so the real debate is whether I should forego the leather for the axle lift system....

Last edited by parkmonster; 01-31-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I've cancelled sport chrono on mine as it is only a stopwatch. The sport button comes standard in GT3 and RS.

Don't order cupholders. You will lose the carbon fiber strip with RS logo written on it.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Tim I see you have a January build, when do you expect to see it at your dealer?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
I've cancelled sport chrono on mine as it is only a stopwatch. The sport button comes standard in GT3 and RS.

Don't order cupholders. You will lose the carbon fiber strip with RS logo written on it.
Tim, yes - I know that it's just the stopwatch but I kind of like it.

So the cupholders lose the logo but looks like the strip is still CF. You don't expect to drink anything while driving??

Can you share with me your full option list via pm?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Keep the leather/carbon... Dynamic cornering lights are nice, but I think you may be able to live without them. I haven't seen the lightweight headlights yet either.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:41 PM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
I believe full leather is a must on any $100K car. The lift really depends on the area you live in. The lips only cost about $150...
Either way, congrats.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by cstroked
Keep the leather/carbon... Dynamic cornering lights are nice, but I think you may be able to live without them. I haven't seen the lightweight headlights yet either.
Looks like that is what I will do. Keep leather, drop axle lift, drop cornering lights, and add a few CF accents.

Last edited by parkmonster; 01-31-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by JMD0977
I believe full leather is a must on any $100K car. The lift really depends on the area you live in. The lips only cost about $150...
Either way, congrats.
Thanks - do you think not having the list will materially affect resale value down the road? I'm betting it will not....

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS April Build