Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JAMS
However you resolve the caliper (color) issue, it would be a mistake not to get PCCBs on this car, IMHO.
Thats the way its heading man, I agree with you !

Old 11-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
msindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond repute
My vote is for grey black with the chmapagne sontrast

Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by msindi
My vote is for grey black with the chmapagne sontrast
+1
and I think even with the PCCBs,it looks good (at least in the configurator pic I`ve posted)

Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Doc, big congrats man on the color choice. Thanks for letting everyone throw-out ideas to you as well. Us commoners, live vicariously through you players!! Enjoy and good luck with the wait. Are you going to sell the other 3?~Pops

Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
Doc, big congrats man on the color choice. Thanks for letting everyone throw-out ideas to you as well. Us commoners, live vicariously through you players!! Enjoy and good luck with the wait. Are you going to sell the other 3?~Pops

Kenny, I'm going to keep the orange RS...love it....I made the mistake of selling my Ruf 550 conversion 2 or 3 yrs ago and have regretted it ever since (Arctic silver, aerokit, bought it with 300 miles on the clock and had the ruf makeover...the torque on that monster was large and sustained)

Lots of knowledge on TS...just look at the subtle refinements so far on the specs and you can see the value of a thread like this...its certainly appreciated !

Old 11-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
ditch the nav and just buy a garmin if you are ever taking it on a road trip

I like the way you are speccing it, congrats

Old 11-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Kenny, I'm going to keep the orange RS...love it....I made the mistake of selling my Ruf 550 conversion 2 or 3 yrs ago and have regretted it ever since (Arctic silver, aerokit, bought it with 300 miles on the clock and had the ruf makeover...the torque on that monster was large and sustained)

Lots of knowledge on TS...just look at the subtle refinements so far on the specs and you can see the value of a thread like this...its certainly appreciated !
Thanks Doc., that is what makes us better people when we can learn from our mistakes!! I wish you and the family a glorious Thanksgiving and Good Lord man you have alot to be thankful for!!

Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Anthracite, PCCB, black wheels, black decals, black lipstick and black wing.

Don't forget a full akrapovic exhausts as a mandatory option

Old 11-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by RufMD

Congrats Doc! I too have an allocation for the new RS, yet am not fortunate to keep the pumpkin. Should i dump it for the latest and greatest? Thanks

Old 11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great spec, Jas. Congrats!
My thoughts - PCCB for sure, no matter what color.
NAV - Negligible weight. And even if it doesn't fit an RS, it makes the console look better and makes other features like the phone/radio easier to use (I think). It's an integrated system with more than just directions to the closest gas station.
I know you don't like it, but I think red stitching would make it perfect.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....