Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Just a few comments:

1. "RS 3.8" embroidered in the headrest is standard (see attached image). If you spec the Porsche crest, it will be embossed in the leather, replacing the embroidered RS 3.8 script.

2. The red and yellow calipers are interchangeable. Suncoast sells red calipers for around $2600 IIRC. (Porsche lettering will be white)

3. The alcantara sun visors will have warning labels "fused' into the material. They are not removable; I already tried. I would buy a pair of alcantara sun visors from Europe (no labels) and replace the tacky plastic set that Porsche installs.

4. Ditch the sport chrono, unless you like the clock... No change in throttle response in this car.

5. You may wish to consider Dynamic Cornering lights 603; negligible weight (over the standard bi-xenons) and they look way cool.

BTW, I love the exterior with CMA and XUB; exactly how it should be... Good luck!

Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I would not get Nav. Not the car for it imo.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
That spec looks good. I think I would prefer a CF console, it would match all your cf kit, whereas having it red, that would be the only thing in your cabin that is red, it may stick out. Also, I would probably ditch the nav and sport chrono, if you ever decide to go on a trip to somewhere you don't know, just take a handheld nav system or use your phone. As for the headrests, I would rather they say RS 3.8 than the crests. Good luck with the build...

Old 11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
those gray wheels look awesome!

Old 11-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Some good discussion in here. First off, congrats on the purchase.

My humble thoughts:
- Your color scheme is spot on.
- I'd go for the Red Calipers over the PCCB's. I'm just that anal retentive.
- Carbon interior over the painted console. IMO it just looks more "finished". Painted consoles always remind me of some hack-job "Wicked Motorsports" Salvaged abortion cars.
- Keep the alcantara it will add a little more differentiation and "pop" to the interior.
- If what JAMS says is true about the sport chrono - ditch it. Always looked like a wart on the dash to me. Plus you have to explain to every passenger why the hell you have a stop watch fused to your dash. Its just not cool
- Keep the RS 3.8 crests - there are additional touches of that on other places (rear wing) so I think it would flow better and tie in.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Very good thoughts here. really appreciate it.

ok,

1) no porsche crests

2) no chrono

3)leaning towards ditching nav

4) JAMS picture of the red console still has me thinking that route...although the symmetry of the carbon console would fit with the other specs

5) Dynamic cornering lights were always in the plan, just forgot to add them in the original spec

6) Hoping for more detail from dealer on red PCCB calipers from the factory

7) Sticking with the grey black colour...fits my launch prefs for colours and is unique

Very helpful thread guys, thank you for all the input so far.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't visit Teamspeed for a few hours and I'm left behind. Congrats Jas, can't wait to see pics and write ups. Gald your not letting go of the 997 GT3rs.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Damn you Jas!! I've found myself searching and staring at all the 10' RS info and pics I can. This is not a good thing.....not a good thing at all!

Old 11-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kuzi
Damn you Jas!! I've found myself searching and staring at all the 10' RS info and pics I can. This is not a good thing.....not a good thing at all!

heh heh, my text yesterday had the desired effect

Old 11-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
heh heh, my text yesterday had the desired effect
I knew it!! Fortunately all W has to do is rub her tummy and look at me with that "look"! Oh you know exactly the one!

"Hun, I'm just looking.....just looking".....

Quick Reply: Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....