Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....

So, got the call from my local dealer Porsche of Nashville that they had my RS allocation ready to spec...special thanks to all of the sales/service crew at Porsche of Nashville, great guys !

So now its decision time !

I know a lot of you have some pretty cool ideas with respect to specs, so I thought it would be fun and informative (for me) to open up the speccing to your ideas and learn something I didn't know.

Early cars can only be specc'd in the 3 main colour schemes. My preference is the dark grey/red wheels/red lettering.

This brings up issue #1. I want PCCB, but the calipers are yellow and they somewhat "clash" with the red wheels. I can live with it and I'm not sure Porsche offers painted calipers on PCCB's. Also, this iteration of standard brakes is supposed to be a leap forward, so are PCCB's unnecessary ?

Issue #2 at this point is a general direction one. Part of me wants to spec as light as possible to keep true to the nature of the car. The other part of me recognizes that while I might track once in a while, I will do mostly street driving with it. So, the idea of nav/daily driving creature comforts/nice trim is appealing.

Here's my first attempt at a spec...

911 GT3 RS
Exterior Color Grey Black A4
Contrasting Color - Guards Red 510

Exterior Options
  • Headlight Cleaner cover in Exterior Color XUB
  • Exterior Mirror Attachment Point Finishers Painted Exterior Color CMA
  • Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) 450
  • Wheels Standard 19" GT3 wheel with center lock 430
  • Lithium Ion Battery

Interior Options
  • Interior Color Black Full Leather 78
  • Interior Standard Sport Bucket Seats 388
  • Floor Mats in Interior Color 810
  • Footrest in Aluminum XXZ
  • Interior Leather Key Pouch in Interior Color Leather CPU

Interior Alcantara
Interior Carbon
  • Carbon package EZC
  • Extended carbon package EZD
  • Door Entry Guards in Carbon X69
  • Rear Center Console in Carbon

Audio and Communications
  • Sport Chrono Package Plus 640
  • PCM 3.0 with Extended Navigation P23
  • Universal Audio Interface 870
  • Sound Package Plus 490
[*]Deviating stitching in red[*]Directional Headlights

At this point I could easily go in a totally different direction in terms of a smaller spec, even different colors...all opinions are appreciated !

Last edited by RufMD; 11-20-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Updated specs based on changes
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good to me, very nice spec. I love the white and red but but I am guilty of owning a seal grey P-car which is easily the "cleanest" car I have.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
If they offer it during my build slot, I would also consider Black/Red.

Schwabe, the white/red pics I've seen are def appealing...need to see some more.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Jas thanks for sharing this with us, Let me know what p-shops you'll need done to help you with your decisions

Old 11-13-2009, 11:50 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
The black one sure looks good with black wheels but I do love the red with red calipers as well

Old 11-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by DJ
Jas thanks for sharing this with us, Let me know what p-shops you'll need done to help you with your decisions
I appreciate it DJ....knowledge is key to a good spec and TS'ers have it !

We'll call it the Teamspeed RS Spec...whatever ideas come out of it will be incorporated into the final spec and show up in the car.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I've always liked cars in the original showcar release colour...I think thats why I like the greyblack/red scheme as shown in Frankfurt.

Probably why the CGT choice was GT Silver/ascot !

Old 11-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Jas. My opinion would be to go with the "launch" colors. In this case the grey with red/orange graphics. This would be in keeping with your theme, specifically of your CS and CGT. Interior options should be kept to a minimum in step with the stated purpose of an RS.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Wow....we think alike. Look at the time of your last post as compared to mine

Old 11-14-2009, 12:00 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
milliseconds separate you two, hysterical

Quick Reply: Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....