Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Spied: 2013 Mini Cooper

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:41 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied: 2013 Mini Cooper

Spied: 2013 Mini Cooper
The All new Mini Cooper

Our Teamspeed spy photographers have managed to snap first pictures of the 2013 MINI Cooper. Caught undergoing testing in Europe, the heavily camouflaged prototype appears slightly longer and wider than the current model. Additionally, the car adopts a smaller grille, a longer hood and slimmer A-pillars.

While the exterior is instantly recognizable, big changes will occur inside the cabin. The photos show the next-generation Cooper will ditch the center-mounted speedometer for a more traditional instrument cluster. Engine options remain a bit of a mystery, but we can expect a variety of fuel-efficient powertrains. Nothing is official, but we wouldn't be surprised if entry-level models are equipped with the new three-cylinder TwinPower engines. Stay tuned for more.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
The new one looks like it's going to get a double-chin. I really liked the Mini for it's short front overhang. I'm hoping it's just some camouflage. Because that looks absurdly nose-long from some angles.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't really look quite "mini" anymore.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by DJ
The photos show the next-generation Cooper will ditch the center-mounted speedometer for a more traditional instrument cluster.
YESSSS!!! That's the biggest complaint I have with existing Mini's. I love those little go-karts but I could never get over the feeling of driving something that was more of a toy than a serious vehicle because of the goofy interior.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tatanko
YESSSS!!! That's the biggest complaint I have with existing Mini's. I love those little go-karts but I could never get over the feeling of driving something that was more of a toy than a serious vehicle because of the goofy interior.
You might be right.

Here are some spy-photos of the interior. Even though they've retained that massive circular console, I can't seem find the speedo around its rim. They've given it a new steering-wheel. I don't like it. The previous Mini had a much nicer wheel. The AT stick seems to be a carry-over.

Source: 2014 MINI Cooper Interior Spied With Little Disguise

Attached Images      

Last edited by suhaas307; 07-14-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm still a little disappointed at the giant circular dash, but oh well. As long as the gauges are back where I can see them and not off to the right that's a huge improvement.