Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

NEW GMC Sierra HD Concept

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Hint Hint?

DJ I've never really been an old Vette fan but we were lucky enough to do a few 1000 miles through the rockies with an early 50's black convertible I believe and Holy man oh man was it a beautiful machine on the road. I don't know that I would buy one. I don't ever drive my old Chevy's now

Originally Posted by 20C4S
too bad it's still a concept car but Raptor is a production car that's out for more than a year.
It sure doesn't look like it's much different than the already into production trucks. Well close I think so I wouldn't be surprised if this is released pretty quick to the public

Old 12-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Like the truck, however, I would rather see the Silverado 1500 4.5 duramax diesel go into production over this truck.
Under its hood is GM’s revolutionary new dual-overhead cam 4.5-liter Duramax V8. The 4-valve engine was designed with 6 dozen fewer parts than a conventional diesel. Separate intake and exhaust manifolds have been eliminated and integrated directly into the engine. Airflow is reversed, so fresh air enters through the outer portion of the cylinder heads and exhaust gases are dumped inboard into a variable vane turbocharger and EGR cooler that sits in the valley of the 72-degree V8. Removing hardware and rearranging key components reduces the 4.5-L Duramax’s footprint compared to conventional V8 diesels with similar displacements, so the 4.5-L Duramax can fit in the same space as GM’s 6.2-L small-block gas V8.

GM officially says it expected the 4.5-L Duramax to deliver class-leading horsepower and torque, with ratings in excess of 310 horsepower and 520 pounds-feet of torque. It would also meet stringent 2010 light-duty emissions in all 50 states, using a diesel particulate filter to remove soot and urea selective catalytic reduction to scrub nitrogen oxide. Despite all of the restrictive emissions equipment, GM says this truck should average 25% better fuel economy that its gasser counterpart.

Even though it shares the Duramax name with the heavy-duty 6.6-liter V8 — which has been engineered and produced in partnership with Isuzu Motors — the new diesel was 100% designed by GM and will be built without Isuzu’s involvement.