Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What car did you guys use to beat the Historic Racing Car Cup in the Expert Series? I can't come close to affording any of the cars all of my competition seems to be using and my fully tuned Countach just isn't cutting it. Any suggestions?
Tried to as well. Can;t touch the cars under cornering. otherwise it can keep up.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What car did you guys use to beat the Historic Racing Car Cup in the Expert Series? I can't come close to affording any of the cars all of my competition seems to be using and my fully tuned Countach just isn't cutting it. Any suggestions?
I skipped it altogether.

So I heard the next best thing after the Ferrari F1 and RB X1 is the Polyphony Digital Formula One car which is based on the '04 season. You can get it for 4.5mil at the used car section and you need to be at level 24 to obtain it. I think I'm going to save up for it...

Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by The Doctor
I skipped it altogether.

So I heard the next best thing after the Ferrari F1 and RB X1 is the Polyphony Digital Formula One car which is based on the '04 season. You can get it for 4.5mil at the used car section and you need to be at level 24 to obtain it. I think I'm going to save up for it...
Have fun w/ that. Im lvl 21 aspec, 23b, i am at 700k. Jus lvl ur guy up by doing past races, u still get money and XP, jus no car. lvl up enough to do the Like the Wind on A Spec if u have the Zonda R, u should be able to take the cars on w/ racing medium the trans final set to 25xmph (as it will only do 238 or so) i didnt tweak the suspension at all. I won both races. got the MINOLTA and then won the Toyota 7 Race Car. vuala

Old 12-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QYKSLVR
Have fun w/ that. Im lvl 21 aspec, 23b, i am at 700k. Jus lvl ur guy up by doing past races, u still get money and XP, jus no car. lvl up enough to do the Like the Wind on A Spec if u have the Zonda R, u should be able to take the cars on w/ racing medium the trans final set to 25xmph (as it will only do 238 or so) i didnt tweak the suspension at all. I won both races. got the MINOLTA and then won the Toyota 7 Race Car. vuala
Is the Toyota 7 Race car faster than the Minolta?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Yes and no. its quicker get go but only has 5 gears, but it is something like 300kgs lighter than the Minolta. I do find the Minolta slightly easier to maneuver however.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Should I spend $400K on a Saleen S7? Seems like it'd be a fun car to have but I don't really need it.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tsar
So I reached level 20, and now I'm stuck there because I can barely get any more XP points..
I am in the same shoes my friend.....seems like the special events are the only one that'll yield any xp right now

Al- I've got the same problem, my Countach is no good

Old 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are way ahead of me... I'm just knocking out the series 1 by 1. I've completed a lot of the special events, about level 10-11 in B-spec, intl C license, etc. I am level 19 in A-spec.

Just did the Gallardo challenge today - did an aero pkg w/orange paint. Kind of looks like a Superleggera now. If you are on my friends list, you can see it (I sent it out to all friends).

Old 12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
A Spec- lvl 21
B Spec- lvl 9
International A license and about 78 cars in the garage

Old 12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
You guys are way ahead of me... I'm just knocking out the series 1 by 1. I've completed a lot of the special events, about level 10-11 in B-spec, intl C license, etc. I am level 19 in A-spec.
This is because you have a life chris.

And is there a middle eastern version for ludicrous paint schemes?

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread