Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Spectacularly rolled my Miata on the last curb of the chicane, right before the finish line on Trial Mountain. Must have been 6 rolls, it was hilarious!

I have 18 mil in the bank and I don't know how many cars. I'll probably run the Miata races again then go shopping - still don't know what I'll pick up after the FAP Peugeot. Open to suggestions.
I'm thinking about the Audi LeMans car? It's a bit slower than the Peugot (at least in stock PP) but i'm thinking another lemans car with a modeled cockpit could be cool.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by theritz226
Ok, I found some good races in the Seasonal Events to be big $$$! If you do La Festa Cavillano on the track Circuit De La Sarthe, you can get something like $507k. The best way to do this is a fully tuned Ferrari Enzo, and cut all of the chicanes. Just thought I'd let you all know.
Yep - that's my grinder setup. My best time is 3:25.2!

So I got the penniless trophy after hitting 20 million then buying those cars above. I started selling off the hundreds of shitboxes I accumulated on my way to 1000 - after selling 500 standard cars (mixes of all kinds of stuff), I made about 5 million. I expect after I sell another 200 or so (I'm only keeping cars I really like and/or will race), I'll have another 2-3 million.

If there is a special "standard" car you're looking for, let me know in GT5 (send a message in the profile). I have dupes of a bunch of cool cars that I'd be willing to trade.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt
I'm thinking about the Audi LeMans car? It's a bit slower than the Peugot (at least in stock PP) but i'm thinking another lemans car with a modeled cockpit could be cool.
I'm getting that also and going to do comparo runs.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Pelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the rough
Currently level 38,5 in A-spec. Taking quite a long time to level up and I just don't have the motivation to do endurance races without being able to save during races. I currently own over 800 different cars and found out you can now collect around 700 helmets and 700 racing suits aswell.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pelder
Currently level 38,5 in A-spec. Taking quite a long time to level up and I just don't have the motivation to do endurance races without being able to save during races. I currently own over 800 different cars and found out you can now collect around 700 helmets and 700 racing suits aswell.
If anyone has a color 30 helmet and suit, I'd gladly trade whatever you're looking for. I'm also a fan of color 18 stuff.

Pelder - I hear that a future version will let you save mid-race on the endurance races. I'm waiting for that update to do the ones longer than 4 hours... I'm also waiting for when you can change wheels on standard cars and/or get them bumped to premium level. Finally, can we have some DLC please!!!!! A godsend would be a Porsche package - I'd gladly pay $20 for a pack of 20 Porsches...

Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
Pelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the rough
I have a color 30 helmet, it's the Chopper one. I also heard about the update on GTPlanet, but it seems to be taking quite a while. The thing I would really like to be implented in GT5 is a livery creator.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by Pelder
I have a color 30 helmet, it's the Chopper one. I also heard about the update on GTPlanet, but it seems to be taking quite a while. The thing I would really like to be implented in GT5 is a livery creator.
If you'd like to add me - I'm AssadUSMC on PSN. If you need any helmets, cars, etc., let me know. A livery editor would be great - even if it was just pre-loaded "skins" based on historical livery (Gulf, Martini, etc.).

Old 08-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
+100 on the liverys. it wouldnt need to be as complex and forza but even something as simple as that would be great!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, I need to take up this game. I'm only around lvl 20 or so. Guess I'll let you guys know when I need some cars

Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
If you'd like to add me - I'm AssadUSMC on PSN. If you need any helmets, cars, etc., let me know. A livery editor would be great - even if it was just pre-loaded "skins" based on historical livery (Gulf, Martini, etc.).
I'll add you later today and send you the helmet, have you got any of the Checkered racing overalls? I like them a lot.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread