Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I'm kind of at the same place... I can't argue at all. I'm just working down modifying every standard "race" car that I have and acquiring any new ones that come along but beyond the new seasonal race there isn't much else to do.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I can never find motivation to play anymore. I've done all of the A-Spec races I wanted to do and have most of the fun cars. Until they add new cars and tracks, I just don't see much reason to play anymore.
I am also surprised to not see more DLC by this point. I'd heard a rumor looong ago about how Gran Turismo will cost the average $50-ish dollars out of the gate to own, but that you'll spend close to $1000 US buying all of the DLC they planned to offer in order to obtain "the entire GT5 game".

So where is it??

Old 08-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm almost done with the 1000 car trophy... about 100 more to go. After that, I'll keep all the cars I like, mod them, paint them, etc. I still need to do the rest of the A-spec Endurance races, and I'd like to hit level 40 in A-spec (currently at 35 or 36). It's still fun - I rotate between SOCOM, MW2, Black Ops, FIFA 11, and GT5 with some RDR thrown in.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Daaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura about
I’m currently at level 36 and haven’t leveled up since November, and simply put … I got bored with the game and I didn’t want to complete the endurance races. I believe I have almost every vehicle in the New Car Dealership that isn’t worth over $1 million, so my Premium car garage mainly consists of production vehicles and concepts – couple of race cars. Now I’m just playing around with the vehicle tunes such as suspension, transmission, etc.

Last edited by Daaavid; 08-03-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
According to GTPlanet.net... an in race save game feature is on the way (for endurance races) and DLC is on the way as well but was delayed as Poloyphony just moved offices and everything got pushed back.

Let's hope that's the case!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
New seasonal update today for Miatas... Good chance to win some more XP and $$.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
+1 Im killin em with that.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Watch this space.
Finished the 1000 car challenge. Now saving up to 20 million, then I'll buy that 15mm Lambo, each of the two citroens at 2mm each, then a mclaren f1 at 1mm to get the penniless trophy.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Spectacularly rolled my Miata on the last curb of the chicane, right before the finish line on Trial Mountain. Must have been 6 rolls, it was hilarious!

I have 18 mil in the bank and I don't know how many cars. I'll probably run the Miata races again then go shopping - still don't know what I'll pick up after the FAP Peugeot. Open to suggestions.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!theritz226 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ok, I found some good races in the Seasonal Events to be big $$$! If you do La Festa Cavillano on the track Circuit De La Sarthe, you can get something like $507k. The best way to do this is a fully tuned Ferrari Enzo, and cut all of the chicanes. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread