Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Jeez that sucks.

In other news, not sure you guys know (I'd assume, but then...): You can buy the LFA in matte black, get the matte black paint chip and apply it later. RIght now I have a matte black LP670-4 (based on a car I saw here on TS) and I just matte blacked my McLaren MP4-12C. It just looks RIGHT. Of course it sucks having to buy a $380K car for the paint, but oh well.... It is nice that GT5 is now giving paint chips along with museum cards as a daily bonus. If only they give out matte black ones.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
I will be getting Killzone 3 in the post soon, so I am ramping down GT5 anyway...

Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wait, the new update suggests using the "loan car" system. How does one loan a car? Can't it just be an indefinite loan?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
You set a car to 'share with friends'. It then gets uploaded online where friends can then borrow the car. Once the friend changes to a different car, it's then released.

I have a couple cars shared - test it out!

As far as I am aware it doesnt put any mileage or damage on the borrowed car. I am not sure how it affects oil consumption though.

Last edited by Alex_997TurboRSC; 02-25-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
You set a car to 'share with friends'. It then gets uploaded online where friends can then borrow the car. Once the friend changes to a different car, it's then released.

I have a couple cars shared - test it out!

As far as I am aware it doesnt put any mileage or damage on the borrowed car. I am not sure how it affects oil consumption though.
Oh, I know what you're talking about now. I've shared cars before too.

Looks like I'll have to keep waiting for that R8 LMS to show up in my used car lot. Do you think I can still trade expensive cars before I install the update? I still want to try to dupe the Chaparral 2D.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
No - you HAVE to install 1.07 as soon as you try to run the game.

There is talk of a temporary lift of the restriction coming - so people who have loaded their cars out via gifting can get them back. eg. otherwise someone who earnt Vettel golds and won the Prototype X2010, and then lent it to a friend, now can't get it back!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by agentbird
There is a new update out, 1.07. If I read the description right (and too late might I add) it prevents gifting cars worth more than 1mill. So this duping might have come to an end
Perfect. "All" the uber-cars I lent I won't get back.

Thanks Polyphony.

*ejects disc, puts away at the bottom of the pile*

Old 02-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
agentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Perfect. "All" the uber-cars I lent I won't get back.

Thanks Polyphony.

*ejects disc, puts away at the bottom of the pile*
Yeah, know what you mean. I've bought a bunch of nice cars and sent them straight to my buddy so that he could send them back.
He has been extremely slow returning them to me and now I have to buy them all over again, crap. He has got a lot of very nice ones too, the Sauber is one of them

Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^ If they lift the ban for a day or so then you should be able to get them back. If not make your friend share them online and you can then use them whenever you want.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
^ If they lift the ban for a day or so then you should be able to get them back. If not make your friend share them online and you can then use them whenever you want.
They'd have to lift it for more than a day if you lent out multiple cars though. You can still only send 1 car per day.

I've got a lot of the cars I want already. I've beaten all of the races I have the patience for. I guess this is a sign that it's time to move on to other games.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread