Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
There's a new NFS coming soon which I have pre-ordered. Plus I got the new Killzone 3 delivered today - just waiting on the motion kit to arrive before I start playing it.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Exactly.

I have a console to unwind, chill out and generally have a good time. I'm not about to start dealing with this kind of bullshit for what is the end of the day just a game.

Set rules and annoy me just a little bit? As stated before *eject, go to bottom of the pile*

I was expecting DLC to be additional cars, not additional restrictions.
Hit the nail on the head. This is precisely what they're doing to screw up this game. Instead of doing anything to expand the game and bring people back to the game that were starting to get bored with it, they've started doing things that push everyone away.

They need to follow up and introduce more cars, challenges, special events, etc and offer them with incentives (prize money, experience pts, and NEW cars) to draw the stagnant players back to the game.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
R8 LMS sent

Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
So what game are we going to switch too, anything good out there in any genre?
Not a car game at all, but I'm still having a blast on Uncharted 2. Online multiplayer is absolutely awesome, doesn't get old.

Uncharted 3 is coming out in November this year.

Played Assassin's Creed 2-3 ... it's more glitchy. Fun, but can be frustrating.

Then there's LA Noire, I hope it'll be as good as GTA was.

But yeah, for now, screw GT5.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
R8 LMS sent
Thanks, I'll send you something tonight.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hit the nail on the head. This is precisely what they're doing to screw up this game. Instead of doing anything to expand the game and bring people back to the game that were starting to get bored with it, they've started doing things that push everyone away.

They need to follow up and introduce more cars, challenges, special events, etc and offer them with incentives (prize money, experience pts, and NEW cars) to draw the stagnant players back to the game.
First post on here so be gentle please.
I agree with this 100 percent. i just got the game before christmas and i still dont know if i actually like it because it gets boring very quickly.. and the lack of realism in some aspects is pretty bad also. (sorry if this was previously stated. i did not read the 2100 post before mine.)

-Andy-

Old 02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I can confirm that with patch 1.07 you can only send the following PER Playstation:

1 car or ticket
5 items
5 paints

So multiple accounts per PS3 no longer give you any extra gifting abilities.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
I can confirm that with patch 1.07 you can only send the following PER Playstation:

1 car or ticket
5 items
5 paints

So multiple accounts per PS3 no longer give you any extra gifting abilities.
That's too bad Thanks for the info though. I hope they'll add some more events or something to bring more depth to the game. Or perhaps some special events? They were a lot of fun.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Alex, do u need the W12 Nardo Concept still? I have one for you if so. LMK

Old 02-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I do need it yes. May only be able to gift you back something under 1M credits tomorrow though...

I'm offline for the night but you can friend me at alex997tt and see what we can swap tomorrow

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread