Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Biggest shortcut I found was at Nurburgring GP course for the FGT race. Second to last turn is a nasty chicane. If you cut across the grass leading up the hill, you can avoid braking and make up a ton of time. The other advantage with that corner is that several cars will crash at that corner on every lap so you need to time it so you don't get caught up in the crash.
Which is why it's really lame that in this game you don't get penalized for cutting corners.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Andrew
Which is why it's really lame that in this game you don't get penalized for cutting corners.
Only in license tests and the likes

Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
So how many cars is everyone up to? im @ 60. Im sure Doctor has the most =p

Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
lol, I've stopped deleting the cars as I have so many. Gonna check my garage later on

Btw, bought the Lambo Nomad Diablo. It seems pretty cool, but haven't driven it yet. Anyone tried it out? It just looked so awesome I had to buy it. Still waiting for that Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car to appear in the Used Car section. God, I love that car from the earlier games!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Someone had said they bought the Diablo as well, cant remember who though. I just keep doing practices and backing out to update my used lot to find something rare.

EDIT: Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune, 270R, and R34 R-tune now im my possesion =)
Now I jus need the R32 s-tune and the Nismo 400R

Last edited by QYKSLVR; 01-10-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
I got an r-34 (maybe 33) with the nurburggring package and I tuned it to 800 bhp It really destroys the competition on japanese challenges. Love that car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
That is most likely an R34 Nur. And if anyone has a R92CP Race Car please lmk!

Last edited by QYKSLVR; 01-10-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Yeh, that R92CP is pretty illusive. One of three cars (other is the racing Merc and Pikes Peak rally car) in the whole game that I am after. Note: I dont collect crappy cars for the sake of a large garage - only good ones.

I'm nearly up to level 40 now so soon will be spending my 20M cr of some nice coloured X2010's...

Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
Yeh, that R92CP is pretty illusive. One of three cars (other is the racing Merc and Pikes Peak rally car) in the whole game that I am after. Note: I dont collect crappy cars for the sake of a large garage - only good ones.

I'm nearly up to level 40 now so soon will be spending my 20M cr of some nice coloured X2010's...
You can change the color on the X2010s?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
You can change the color on the X2010s?
Once you hit level 35 it opens up the X2010 to buy in the new car dealership. There are like about 10 different colours to choose from. Each car costs 20m credits but you have to be level 40 before you can actually buy one.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread