Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: Ferrari La Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
supertomcat is an unknown quantity at this point
the more i see of it the more i love it. im not sold on the name as of yet. i'll love to see some real world numbers on this vs the p1 vs the 918

Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Constructr is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Clubber
I personally love this. I think LaFerrari achieves what it is supposed to do. It is wild, it is techno marvel and pushes the game even further which has been the case for all other Ferrari special versions (288,40,50,Enzo)

Of course it will echo of past successes with iconic design cues from various models such as p4/5, f50/40 black waist line and current range elements but not because they were out of ideas but because they had to have little links to the brand recognition.

I am a die hard Mc fan and still believe F1 is the greatest car ever built but P1 compared to this looks like a over baked 12C. The aim to resemble the Mc logo in every part of the car turned it in to a melted 12c rather than crispier F1 IMO.

I also believe LaFerrari and F50 will be the most valuable special versions in the future. I know f40 is everyone's favorite and Enzo is 2000's poster boy but It is F50 which delivers the purest driving pleasure with NA V12 and MANUAL transmission without the need of a couple of turbos with lag measured in minutes With the hardtop on, I think F50 looks spectacular as well.
As for the Enzo, tbh I think it looks will date very quickly after LaFerrari's debut. Well done Ferrari, you've done it again.

P.S. The name is marketing disaster IMO.
Well put, Clubber.
In addition, the P1 just looks over-done, design wise, in my opinion. Like they were trying too hard to produce something special. Practically every vent or intake mimics McLarens "swoosh" symbol/logo. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a head to head performance comparison.
One last thing; McLaren built their own engine for P1 and 12c. Thats a change for them and a good decision in some respects. But if they're that confident in their engine department, why all the talk about using Honda next year for their F1 cars??????

Last edited by Constructr; 03-08-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:01 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Constructr is an unknown quantity at this point
Wicked shots, Artist!!!

Thank you!

Last edited by Constructr; 03-08-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Elion_Arro
The reason LaFerrari is terrible isn't because it's not humble. It's cause it's a stupid name.
How arrogant do you have to be to name a car after your brand? The ONLY point of a name is distinction. But I agree, renaming a model after your brand is utterly stupid.

Ferrari La Ferrari... Somebody actually approved this...

Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
pjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enough
Wheels are horrific, black roof needs to go. I hated this car at first and was really really disappointed! It's very slowly growing on me, think we need to see shots out in the wild to appreciate more! All I am saying, if I had £1mill at the moment, why would I buy a Huayra?! Choice between 918 and P1 is hard though.....

Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mahzari
How arrogant do you have to be to name a car after your brand? The ONLY point of a name is distinction. But I agree, renaming a model after your brand is utterly stupid.

Ferrari La Ferrari... Somebody actually approved this...
I would've preferred them to call it the Ferrari Silverado, or the F-150 **cough-cough**. Both sound better. Hell, I'd even settle for them calling it the Ferrari Marina, or the Ferrari Allegro. Even Ferrari Yugo is more appealing and creative than LaFerrari. Every time I say it I feel like I'm talking about some conceited "bling bling" rapper who owns many Ferraris.

But seriously, as dumb as it sounds, names really do define a car, especially legends like the F40, F50, and Enzo. Why couldn't they've called it the Ferrari Scuderia? Or hell, the Ferrari 360!

Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys did you hear about the new Toyota LaToyota?

Old 03-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Carrera
I would've preferred them to call it the Ferrari Silverado, or the F-150 **cough-cough**. Both sound better. Hell, I'd even settle for them calling it the Ferrari Marina, or the Ferrari Allegro. Even Ferrari Yugo is more appealing and creative than LaFerrari. Every time I say it I feel like I'm talking about some conceited "bling bling" rapper who owns many Ferraris.

But seriously, as dumb as it sounds, names really do define a car, especially legends like the F40, F50, and Enzo. Why couldn't they've called it the Ferrari Scuderia? Or hell, the Ferrari 360!
Honestly, the Enzo is a stupid name, too. Nothing should ever be named after the founder - especially - if it's going to be replaced. What's wrong with F40, F50, F60, F70? That's a perfectly logical sequence. Short, simple, and you know exactly which are you're referring to. In my opinion, Ferrari has had a naming problem for a long time. Ferrari 612 is a fine name. Why is it called the 612 Scaglietti? Ferrari 599 is a fine name. Why is it called the 599 GTB Fiorano? Ferrari 575 is a fine name. What the hell is 575M Maranello?

They never know when to cut the name off and just leave it. And names are important because that's how you talk about the car. "Pagani Zonda" evokes a much better response than "Ferrari LaFerrari."

Quick Reply: Official: Ferrari La Ferrari