Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: Ferrari La Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mahzari
Honestly, the Enzo is a stupid name, too. Nothing should ever be named after the founder - especially - if it's going to be replaced. What's wrong with F40, F50, F60, F70? That's a perfectly logical sequence. Short, simple, and you know exactly which are you're referring to. In my opinion, Ferrari has had a naming problem for a long time. Ferrari 612 is a fine name. Why is it called the 612 Scaglietti? Ferrari 599 is a fine name. Why is it called the 599 GTB Fiorano? Ferrari 575 is a fine name. What the hell is 575M Maranello?

They never know when to cut the name off and just leave it. And names are important because that's how you talk about the car. "Pagani Zonda" evokes a much better response than "Ferrari LaFerrari."
I don't think it is supposed to be called "Ferrari LaFerrari", but rahter "LaFerrari" only. Lets say that if you saw one while you walk, you'd tell "I saw LaFerrari.
On the naming staff I agree that LaFerrari and Enzo Ferrari are bad names, with the first one being the worst... the other ones you mentioned are ok to me.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Elion_Arro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by The Artist
This is definitely the best angle of the car imo. Very nice!

Old 03-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Honestly, the Enzo is a stupid name, too. Nothing should ever be named after the founder - especially - if it's going to be replaced. What's wrong with F40, F50, F60, F70? That's a perfectly logical sequence. Short, simple, and you know exactly which are you're referring to. In my opinion, Ferrari has had a naming problem for a long time. Ferrari 612 is a fine name. Why is it called the 612 Scaglietti? Ferrari 599 is a fine name. Why is it called the 599 GTB Fiorano? Ferrari 575 is a fine name. What the hell is 575M Maranello?
Ferrari adding names onto the end of models is nothing new, they've been doing it for a while now. Modena, Maranello, California, Fiorano, Scaglietti, Fiorano, etc. They all have to do with places and people that have a spot in Ferrari history. And as far as official names go, I don't see anything wrong with tacking those onto the end, simply because you can refer to any of them by the number (360, 575, 612 etc.) and those that are knowledgeable enough will know what you are talking about.

Also, it would have been really convenient for Ferrari to have gone with F40, F50, F60, F70 but it actually doesn't make much sense if you consider the lineage. The 288 GTO Started that lineage and it doesn't share the F## name. The F50 was a convenient nomenclature because it was the next step up from the F40 and it was produced for Ferrari's 50th anniversary while the F40 wasn't named for an anniversary. I'm sure F60 instead of Enzo would have been appropriate and no one would have questioned them, but their nature and history was never going to allow for it.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Scootypuff Jr.
Ferrari adding names onto the end of models is nothing new, they've been doing it for a while now. Modena, Maranello, California, Fiorano, Scaglietti, Fiorano, etc. They all have to do with places and people that have a spot in Ferrari history. And as far as official names go, I don't see anything wrong with tacking those onto the end, simply because you can refer to any of them by the number (360, 575, 612 etc.) and those that are knowledgeable enough will know what you are talking about.

Also, it would have been really convenient for Ferrari to have gone with F40, F50, F60, F70 but it actually doesn't make much sense if you consider the lineage. The 288 GTO Started that lineage and it doesn't share the F## name. The F50 was a convenient nomenclature because it was the next step up from the F40 and it was produced for Ferrari's 50th anniversary while the F40 wasn't named for an anniversary. I'm sure F60 instead of Enzo would have been appropriate and no one would have questioned them, but their nature and history was never going to allow for it.
I don't understand the need to reinvent the wheel every time. The 360 Modena is fine, but then the successor is called F430. Then when you want the track version the F is dropped and it's called the Scuderia. The Ferrari 430 "Team" or "Stable" is the rough translation. And the 550 is called the Maranello, but it's updated version is called the 575M Maranello. Also, what's the point of adding an extra race track or city name after the numbers? Those could be saved for the hypercars instead of resorting to reusing the word Ferrari. Ferrari's numbering system demonstrates this same randomness. The 360 is called that because it's a 3.6 liter V8, but the 355 is named after a 3.5 liter 5-value V8. So either the 360 has 0 valves or they made up a new naming scheme. Then the 458 is called that because it has a 4.5 liter engine with 8 cylinders. Another brand new and completely arbitrary system. What's wrong with 350, 360, 430, 450 or 550, 570, 590?

They seem to be so inconsistent and random. I prefer Porsche's identification. The model stays (Carrera, Turbo, GT3, GT2) and the body style changes (993, 996, 997, 991). So you can describe almost every single car with 2 words. Of course, Porsche now has 60 or some 911 variants so you can get confusing (i.e. 997.2 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet).

Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited by Mahzari; 03-09-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:09 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
robert07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Simply amazing..
its hard to say now which one out of Lamborghini Veneno, McLaren P1 & LaFerrari will turn out to be the most desired supercar in Geneva Motor Show 2013.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure if everyones seen this, but some interesting videos here on the Ferrari website.

HY-KERS System | LaFerrari

Old 03-10-2013, 05:12 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute

They never know when to cut the name off and just leave it. And names are important because that's how you talk about the car. "Pagani Zonda" evokes a much better response than "Ferrari LaFerrari."
A nice little word in the English language: homage.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Taking off for Geneva

Old 03-10-2013, 12:32 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
New wheels

Old 03-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BapsLuk is an unknown quantity at this point
LaFerrariSergio:

Quick Reply: Official: Ferrari La Ferrari