Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: Ferrari La Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Have you guys gotten a chance to look at the vehicle dynamics video?

I'm a gear head and follow Motorsport passionately and to have a full-on DDRS system and KERS on a car outside a race track just blows my mind.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Oh by the way, too all those cash strapped Hyper car owners, please note that if you buy a P1 you will be able to drive it in central London on electric power only without having to pay the congestion charge!! Therefore saving you a whole £10 per day

You cant say the same thing about the Ferrari

Old 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by NGJR
Honestly I'm not really feeling it. Front is way too busy and angular.

Also, worst name in automotive history.
Nailed it. Ferrari is way too full of themselves. Ferrari La Ferrari... No thanks, idiots.

I'll take an Agera and 991 GT3, please

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by streetrod454
Rockstar its not often I agree with you but on this occasion I do.

The problem I have with the Ferrari is that as a design it does not move the game on. If this was a concept produced by an automotive design student I suspect the reaction from even the biggest Ferrari fans would be luke warm. This design could have come from ten years ago.

The McLaren on the other hand seems not to have any historical reference to anything apart from a few design clues from the F1. It’s fresh and so so different. And I know this sounds odd but it just looks plain clever in its execution.

From what we now know the Ferrari seems to have the Mac beat purely based on the numbers. But I suspect this could be overturned once lap times become evident. What do I base this assumption on you may well ask? Well what it all comes down to is one figure in the McLaren press pack, and that is that the P1 will be able to generate 2G in the corners on street tyres. That is an amazing figure for a street car. And as we all know its speed in the corners that ultimately leads to great lap times.

If Ferrari can match this I will be very impressed. I can’t wait to see independently verified lap times in the near future
Excellent Post could not agree more!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Talking

Originally Posted by The Artist
^^Dont mind the hater..i second your post..

I think this is the only shot of the engine bay open

That is the best photo yet, car looks insane, thanks for posting it Artist.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Elion_Arro is an unknown quantity at this point
^i rather have those elements that look good on the car..
Rather than sharing the carbon fibre tub and engine with a lesser model as the P1 does.

On a second thought is the V12 in the Lafer the same engine to begin with as the F12?

Even if it is its still shared with the top car of the ferrari ordinary line up..

And not the starting model..

Imagine Ferrari using the V8 from the 458 in the Lafer.. im sure many would be very upset!
Truth be told, if the 458 had a carbon fiber tub Ferrari would have used it for the LF. It just makes sense financially. I bet you see the 458 replacement use this tub. And other than it being a V8 I doubt anyone would have a problem with them using the same engine if the car still had 963hp...

Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
primevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Elion_Arro
Truth be told, if the 458 had a carbon fiber tub Ferrari would have used it for the LF. It just makes sense financially.
And other than it being a V8 I doubt anyone would have a problem with them using the same engine if the car still had 963hp...
That is exactly what I thought, at least regarding the CF tub. I would like to see a V12 in the P1 but F1 2014 will have turbocharged engines too, so it is acceptable

Regarding the 2G, in my opinion this is possible but more in theory than on a normal racetrack. If the P1 goes around a corner with 155mph or 250kmh it can generate the 2G but with around 62mph or 100kmh never of course.

Anyway I like both cars somehow but some details could have been better. I would not know which one to choose but that's never going to be the question anyway.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
They should both be able to do 2Gs imo..
the Huayra can do 1.66G and these should be a step above.

And hey i guess that active aero on the huayra wasent just a gimmick..now that the big dogs are doing it also.

PS
I must say though that as per tradition the Italians (pagani and Ferrari) incorporated it in the most taste full way.. i freaked the **** out when that wing on the Lafer deployed..i didn't even notice the presence of a wing.
On the other side of the spectrum you have P1 and Agera who have big bold wings..
Its a taste thing..but i like it more elegant.

And i must add that the Agera now looks completely from a different era..whilst the P1,Huayra and Lafer look like precision knifes the Agera looks like a blunt instrument..something that belongs in the Era of Enzos and Maserati MC12s and what nots..
But i guess that's natural when the design is a EVOLUTION rather than REVOLUTION.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
And hey i guess that active aero on the huayra wasent just a gimmick..now that the big dogs are doing it also..
It's a bit different. The Huayra deploys those fins primarily to maximize downforce & braking, the TheFerrari does both and also doubles as a DDRS system...direct proven F1 tech right there.

Probably the one potent upper hand Ferrari has over Pagani.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
No soul , bad name , too much ....
I d rather buy a f40 + an enzo

Quick Reply: Official: Ferrari La Ferrari