Notices
Diamonds & Jewelry Discusses & Learn About The Latest Jewelry Trends, New Products, & Industry News

Palladium: What is it and why do jewelry-buying men need to know about it.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by diskreet
Thanks for sharing this info, it's definitely interesting.

That being said, I went with something much less... common. Solid carbon fiber - might lighter, and much less expensive.
Where did you get this? I need a band and this looks SICK!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor
emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by KimmSpeed
I agree w/ all who posted before me Emil. Thank you very much for the info and I too find the work your company does quite exquisite. I wonder if Palladium might be used to reduce the weight of some of my favorite automatic time pieces. Perhaps I’m behind the curve on this but it seems like a reasonable metal for watch making.
Hi Kimm,
Thanks for the kind words! Palladium is definitely a great choice for watches as well. Some of the biggest companies around the world, like Cartier, Ulysse Nardin, Chopard, Hublot, etc., have all started making watches from palladium. It's really great for anybody who wants to wear a watch that has a pure white look but not as heavy as stainless steel or gold.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Former Sponsor
emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by diskreet
Thanks for sharing this info, it's definitely interesting.

That being said, I went with something much less... common. Solid carbon fiber - might lighter, and much less expensive.
Hey diskreet,

My pleasure! Personally, I have to say how much I like your band in that pic! It’s really funky, modern, and different. At Sasha Primak, we only work with precious metals (like gold, platinum, etc.) so I don’t know too much about carbon fiber. I have had a customer or two ask about it over the years, so I did a little research out of curiosity.

It’s a really cool process how they make it using electricity – really futuristic and groovy! All reports say it is extremely light and inexpensive (a quick google search shows prices from $19 - $150). There are a lot of metals like this, steel, zirconium, etc., that look great and are perfectly suitable alternatives for budget-conscious shoppers.

What makes palladium great is it is light, white, strong, and much less expensive than its precious metal cousins. We set really high quality diamonds in women’s wedding bands, so we always recommend strong white metals to best show off the stones. Many men want their band to be made in the same metal as their wife, which is why they usually end up going for platinum or gold – and that’s why I always introduce palladium as an option because it’s much less expensive and lighter, but still precious.

Everyone has their own tastes and the most important thing is that you’re happy with what you got.

-Emil

Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Still Lost
Where did you get this? I need a band and this looks SICK!
Sorry Mike. I made a few inquiries to some of our wholesale jewelry connections that sell this type of jewelry to see if I might be able to help you out and get you a deal, but I couldn't find this cool zebra print style or anything really similar to it. Best of luck in your search!

- Emil

Old 03-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
I was watching White Collar last night and they talked about palladium being in jewelry among other things. This is some neat stuff!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor
Palladium's not just for men!

Palladium's not just for men! We recently made and shipped out these earrings to a very special client. Made out of palladium featuring small diamonds studded in the argyle pattern and beautiful blue topaz stones set in a decorative setting.

Name:  AE192A-BT.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  108.9 KB

These are very personalized earrings - we can make them with any gemstone, in silver, platinum, palladium or even (really cool) two-tone gold.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Go to our website to see other earrings we've made from this collection!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by clemson3
I was watching White Collar last night and they talked about palladium being in jewelry among other things. This is some neat stuff!
I heard that show is awesome! If for no other reason just because Tiffany Amber Thiessen is in it! :P Oh excuse me, just Tiffany Thiessen now apparently.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by clemson3
Was it the season finale? I don't remember that conversation.....love that show.....the talent level is very solid on the show

Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting what you say about white gold eventually turning yellow. I've not heard this and I wear a 60 yr. old white gold and diamond band daily.

I like the clean lines of the rings you show. They look great.