Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Diamonds & Jewelry (https://teamspeed.com/forums/diamonds-jewelry/)
-   -   Palladium: What is it and why do jewelry-buying men need to know about it. (https://teamspeed.com/forums/diamonds-jewelry/70332-palladium-what-why-do-jewelry-buying-men-need-know-about.html)

emil@sashaprimak 02-29-2012 11:48 AM

Palladium: What is it and why do jewelry-buying men need to know about it.

6 Attachment(s)
Whenever I'm working with a guy, especially when he's buying himself a wedding band, I always introduce palladium as an option for him to consider. Why? Because palladium is part of the platinum group of metals, meaning it's naturally white, strong and pure, but it's also half as dense and less than half the cost!

Attachment 95584

Since most men are not used to wearing a ring before their wedding, getting a platinum band can sometimes feel too heavy and uncomfortable. Gold is naturally yellow, so even if you get white gold, over time it will start to fade away into that yellowish color. Since platinum is currently more than twice as expensive, it makes palladium a great alternative and a perfect substitute. It's cheaper, it's lighter, and it's just as luminous and strong.

Attachment 95583

While more than half of the world's palladium is used for catalytic converters, many jewelry companies have embraced this lighter, cheaper, platinum-family metal. Sasha Primak, through our own subsidiary casting company, has developed a palladium alloy so great that we confidently offer this metal as a standard option for all of our jewelry. Contact me if you have any questions or need any advice if you're shopping for yourself or for your special someone!

Attachment 95585

Click here to see our full collection of men's classic bands and diamond rings

Click here to see our full collection of men's jewelry including cufflinks and bracelets

Attachment 95582

Attachment 95588
Attachment 95589

DJ 02-29-2012 12:55 PM

Fantastic post Emil! Thanks for this!

emil@sashaprimak 02-29-2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 1251039)
Fantastic post Emil! Thanks for this!

My pleasure Darren! Hope people found it helpful... You know what they say, if you can reach just one...! ;o)

If anybody has any questions about metal, diamonds, jewelry, or just need some advice - I'm always available and happy to help!

ADV.1 Tony 02-29-2012 03:06 PM

You learn something new every day. Although I hope I don't need to worry about this for quite some time!

emil@sashaprimak 02-29-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony (Post 1251170)
You learn something new every day. Although I hope I don't need to worry about this for quite some time!

LOL! Never too early to start thinking about it!

Who knows, in 10 years maybe palladium will be the new platinum. Hard to tell with the way the metal market jumps around like crazy. It's also about what women want: a while back, women wanted ONLY gold. But, thanks to heavy advertising of platinum, all of a sudden women care about whiteness, strength, and rarity. Go figure!

Redlinerobert 02-29-2012 03:48 PM

Emil,

Thanks for posting this. I'm really impressed with your company's work. :)

emil@sashaprimak 02-29-2012 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert (Post 1251218)
Emil,

Thanks for posting this. I'm really impressed with your company's work. :)

My pleasure Robert! Thanks for the kind words.

KimmSpeed 02-29-2012 04:57 PM

I agree w/ all who posted before me Emil. Thank you very much for the info and I too find the work your company does quite exquisite. I wonder if Palladium might be used to reduce the weight of some of my favorite automatic time pieces. Perhaps I’m behind the curve on this but it seems like a reasonable metal for watch making.

diskreet 02-29-2012 05:18 PM

Thanks for sharing this info, it's definitely interesting.

That being said, I went with something much less... common. Solid carbon fiber - might lighter, and much less expensive.
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3...taillayers.jpg

Damon@tirerack 02-29-2012 05:55 PM

My wife's wedding ring is rhodium coated palladium, and you can't tell at all it's not platinum. We could not see spending the difference when the value of the ring is in the stone.