Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

08 bmw m3 correction

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 03:39 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
08 bmw m3 correction

Completed yesterday evening(11-13-2010) this is a car I have done three times before, but there was a little more of a time gap between cleanings(13 months!!!) and it showed with fallout/bird dropping etching/hard water spotting.

Not a tremendous amount of marring on the finish, but the clearilm(entire front end) was in bad shape. The marring on the paint may have not been severe but the RIDS that were there were pretty deep.

The wash process would consist of two initial foam baths/fallout remover application/wash/clay/and one last foam bath with a good rinse.

Here is the car before the start of the job, the film was marred bad with tree sap and bird dropping etch.

Excuse the pics, my good camera was damaged @ The SEMA show and is being repaired.

Bird dropping etch.

Bird drop etch on "A" pillar.

Sanded and corrected.

Marring on drivers rocker(pick up those feet lol).

After wool rotary and lot's of patience......

Here is the trunk, this pic show the amount of embedded fallout still in the paint even after a major de-con wash/clay.

Same area from opposite angle.

Entire trunk after wool/foam compounding.

Trunk after meduim cut polishing step.

Back in after second foam wash to remove dust.

Clearfilm on the rear bumper had severe water spot etch, broke out Mark v "Splash" to remove it.

There were three dents on the car, so I called in Chris from Diablo Dent who is the only one I trust on the high end cars I work on.

These dents were in the rear quarter which required removing the entire rear wheel shroud to get the tool into the space so the repair could be done.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future

This pic shows the dent clearly.

Fine polishing stage, checking with LED to make sure finish is where I want it.

Wheels removed, then cleaned/polished/sealant application. Tires stripped of old dressings and dirt as well.

Finished product before dressing the tires, entire wheel well and rotor assembly cleaned as well.

Under car cleaning along with exhaust tips polished.

Almost done.

Clearfilm looking it's best.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Interior pics.

Engine bay.

A few LED pics..............for some of you(lol).

Ready for delivery.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Nice work!!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Greg Nichols Reflections is an unknown quantity at this point
The craftsmanship is amazing! I really dig that PDR stuff.

What happened to the camera at SEMA, was it due to all the after hours photo work that pushed the CCD over the edge?

Cheers,
GREG

Old 11-17-2010, 02:23 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Nice M3. Very impressed with the level of your work, Bob!

Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Greg Nichols Reflections
The craftsmanship is amazing! I really dig that PDR stuff.

What happened to the camera at SEMA, was it due to all the after hours photo work that pushed the CCD over the edge?

Cheers,
GREG
No Greg (lol) the "Dinner pics" had no effect, I had the camera in my bag walking around the show and somehow the LCD screen was damaged(this is why I went with the 2 year warranty @ Best Buy).