Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

09 Mercedes S-65 Detail

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:10 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
09 Mercedes S-65 Detail

Did this job before leaving for SEMA and forgot about it.............. very nice car that I did once before as new, but it had been awhile(over a year!!) since then and the car required more attention than it should have if maintenance details would have been performed.

As seen in the pics the wheels/wheel wells were pretty bed and besides the paint correction needed, I spent extra time and effort on the hubmounting assembly/wedge brake calipers and since I was mobile and could not dismount the wheels I made sure the rotors were clean of residual moisture rust from the wash by going back and forth until the rotors were dry and clean then proceeded to clean and seal the wheels as needed.

The beginning.

A little "Scuffage".

There was not tremendous marring over the whole car, but what was there was deep!.

Spent extra time on the grill, as there was built up polish/wax from ANOTHER company left behind(clients may stray but they always come back to do it right as opposed to "Right now").

Wheel cleaned and ready for polish/sealant and dressing on the tire.

Exhaust tips were predictably bad....

Looking better.

Tips looking better, however there was some carbon deposits that could not be removed with anything I had in my arsenal.

Leaves and sand on the "Dreaded" low wire hair carpet, this type of carpet is a PITA to clean(VW's have this carpet in the trunk and the car) I would clean in this area for a good longtime(long enough to have my vacuum need a break!! and admittedly me too).

After.

On the home stretch on day two of the job, no sun pics as it was raining.

LED pics will have to do.

To keep the "Yeah right it was raining comments at bay"

Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future

Paint in door jambs polished and sealed.

Beautiful interior, quilted seats A'La" Bentley.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
nice job!!
Thanks for sharing!