Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

BMW X5 4.6is Correction

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
BMW X5 4.6is Correction

New client sought me out to have a "New to him" X5 restored, the vehicle had quite a bit of "Patina" due to improper maintenance over the years and my client is restoring the car as time and budget allows.

The front and rear bumpers were re-sprayed badly so not much could be done but those will be painted by a body shop I utilize known for getting it right.

Headlights were crusty and needed some time to be brought back to a better cosmetic condition.

After.

One area that was in bad shape was the "B" and "C" pillars on both sides with U.V. damage and I suspect a strong APC of some kind used to clean the vehicle in the past.

In addition to the B/C pillar damage the roofrails were dry and chalky as well.

50/50 pic.

More pics of the "B' pillar.

Before.

After.

One area the client had seen me clean in other write ups was behind the plate.......

After.

Roundel was marred.

Much better.

"B" pillars finished down.

Roofrail finished down.

"Estoril Blue" with clarity & gloss restored.

Client had the wheels re-finished by a shop I sent him to, with the new tires it made a big difference.

Test spot on which dressing to use on the dried out trim.

Direct sun shot of "B' pillar.

Sun shot of roofrail.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future

Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 AM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
Love the final result.. great job.. but is it really worth it on a car like that???

I guess you havent spent so much time like the other super exotics you work on.. but well.. yeah there were some things to be done... and I bet its re-sell price went also up... good work

Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Petener999 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great job!

Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by MrD
Love the final result.. great job.. but is it really worth it on a car like that???

I guess you havent spent so much time like the other super exotics you work on.. but well.. yeah there were some things to be done... and I bet its re-sell price went also up... good work
True it is not a "Exotic" but important to this client and he wanted it right, and paid the freight to make that way. I drove the X5 after the wash to clean the rotors of rust and this thing moves out quite well, and it is comfortable and roomy as the client is a biguy (6'5").

Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
Great truck. Great work. Looks brand new. I used to have the same one and color back in 03.