Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

removing cigarette smell from car - advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
So is the ozium still working?

Old 04-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
I bet it is

Old 05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Former Sponsor
DetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond repute
You must thoroughly shampoo all carpets, headliner, etc. with a shampoo that contains an enzyme. The enzyme will eat away at the odor until it's gone, then the enzyme will die. We usually shampoo everything with the enzyme, and leave the car overnight inside the shop with the ozone machine inside on a very low setting. I don't think we've ever had a comeback with this procedure.

John

Old 05-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
formula1champ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is going to sound crazy but I swear it works. Put charcoal in an open top box behind the drivers seat and let it sit for a week, spray the charcoal, carpets, and headliner with white vinegar 10-15 sprays. The charcoal is to absorb the smoke odor. In one week the smell should be completely gone. Good Luck!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
I put some pieces of charcoal in the car with some open bags of coffee grinds, and after two days of being stationary, I took all of it out. The car smelled like coffee at first, but after a day of airing it out the smoke smell was gone.

I did also clean the interior, seats, headliner, etc.. and have the cabin filter replaced.

Seems to be good based on my nose, I wasn't the one who smoked in the car