Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

prima hydro

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
prima hydro

my next question was about using "prima hydro". I do not see that you use it on the cars that you detail but I was hearing that two high-end detail shops over here in seattle use it.

after I detail car and then apply fmj, should I wait for the fmj to set-up and then try applying Prima Hydro to give that extra wet shinny look? am not sure if applying prima hydro right away would take away from the durability of the fmj.

thanks again,

marcus

Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
skitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond reputeskitelluride531 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by godoman
my next question was about using "prima hydro". I do not see that you use it on the cars that you detail but I was hearing that two high-end detail shops over here in seattle use it.

after I detail car and then apply fmj, should I wait for the fmj to set-up and then try applying Prima Hydro to give that extra wet shinny look? am not sure if applying prima hydro right away would take away from the durability of the fmj.

thanks again,

marcus
The best use of Prima Hydro is after every time you wash your car. You can spray it on all panels when they are still wet after the final rinse. Then just dry normally. It will enhance the depth of your paint, and add another layer of durability. Hydro is great stuff!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Prima Hydro after FMJ

thanks a million for your reply on the prima hydro, I have heard a million and one great things about it so I bought a gallon of it (in the mail) with out even using any of it yet!

I think I will try it in both situations. will use it inbetween detailing after washing. I will try it on another car right after applying menzerna FMJ to see if it enhances the color any further.

I cant imagine that these high end detailers will buy so much of the stuff only to use it for washing cars and giving them a super wet look. I am thinking that they must use it for a topper product.

will keep u all posted!

thanks again