Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Stacking Swissvax over Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Stacking Swissvax over Sealant

After polishing my car I like to apply Menzerna's FMJ Sealant for protection over the next few months. This time I am going to stack Swissvax consorso on top of it.

Now this seems like an obvious question, but being this is my first time using swissvax I wanted to make sure that it was done correctly.

After I have applied the sealant and have let it cured for four hours, do I still have to use Swissvax Cleaner Fluid on the car before applying? I am thinking this would remove the sealant, which I do not want to do.

Will the Swissvax bond directly to the Sealant?

thanks,

marcus

Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
SpecC is an unknown quantity at this point
You use SV cleaner fluid before putting on sealant. It's more of a paint cleanser to help your sealant and/or wax stick better. After applying sealant, then you can go nuts with your Concorso and apply 20 layers if you want.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
do not use CF after the sealant you will strip it, only use CF if you plan on doing the car over again.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Guys!

I thought that was the answer and figured the CF was for prepping the paint work.

many thanks

marcus

Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
very cool hit me up if you need anything else.