Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Decisions, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Decisions, decisions

After a year with our beautiful baby, it's become apparent we need more space for her stuff, our stuff, etc. I've boiled it down to two cars: Audi RS4 Avant (if it comes) and Porsche Cayenne GTS. My wife is cool with either one.

The dilemma is this: Do I wait for the RS4 to (maybe) come here? I'm #1 on the list at my local Audi dealer, but the word I keep getting from Audi is that it's not coming. Of course they said this about the TT-RS and the RS5, too, plus I've seen the real thing at our Cars & Coffee out here. Stop Everything, There

If the RS4 doesn't come, I'll get the GTS. But I've been wondering if I should not even bother with the RS4 and just get the GTS. I've looked at one locally that's VERY close to the spec I'd order (~$95K sticker), and I'm in love. I took my wife and daughter today to check it out and my wife loves it too. My concern is that I'll get the GTS, the RS4 DOES show up, and then I'm pissed....

I'm open to your ideas.

BTW, I also considered (am considering?) the S6, the new Range Rover, and maybe a 550ix or M5. The RS7 is going to be $120K or so, so that's out.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Without knowing when or even if the Audi is coming, Id go GTS. In a couple years, if they do release it, then you can trade up.

Tell you what though, I experienced the S6 Wednesday and that is a sweeeeet ass car.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
This is an easy one since the GTS is the better, faster and more exclusive car. I had a ride in the RS4 and the owner told me it felt pretty synthetic!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Oh just read that. S6 is another story, I would look into that one too. More practical and very very fast!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Neither one!
Having owned the CTT, it was a rough ride on those 21" wheels and the GTS is even more tightly sprung. As sporty and exciting a car it is, the rough ride gets old especially as a family cruiser and running errands.
With your other choices I would put first on my list the S6 and second the new RR. None of the others are good options IMO. Performance wise the GTS is not going to be much faster then the RR. My CTT was at best 0-60 in 4.5 sec using my VBOX. The GTS would probably do 5.5 to 6.0 at best. The new RR will be at 5.9 sec and the S6 has been tested at 3.7 sec.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
as much as I love the thought of the RS4 avant coming to our shores, I seriously doubt it will ever happen. I saw a cayenne GTS the other day at my local porsche dealer and it was sweet. Id take the GTS any day of the week and wouldnt feel like I was missing out if audi were to bring it to the US.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
I would wait for the RS4. Noone does fast tourings like Audi and tbh pannie's are really ugly. Maybe they will improve on design with the second generation like cayenne and boxster.
Porsche is not good at nailing the design with newly introduced model lines. It takes time.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris you know me, I'd roll the dice with the RS4.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
To me this is one hell of a cross shopping.

Its a porsche high end luxury model and on top of that the GTS (probably the best of the panameras)

vs
An Audi A4 a damn good A4 but still A4.

And that sound of the GTS just makes it a very easy choice.

PS
The Panamera facelift is around the corner, so you might want to hold out for that one, in the process you might find out if the RS4 is coming to the US.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ guys, he is talking about the Cayenne GTS not panny

Quick Reply: Decisions, decisions