Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Decisions, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my bad.. disregard the PS then, everything else still stands..

I would take the Cayenne over the RS4

Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
^^^ guys, he is talking about the Cayenne GTS not panny
ooops.. In that case, cayenne then.

Although RS4 would still be more enthusiast's sleeper than a cayenne IMO.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
moabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to see the RS4 reach the US - however, in light of the RS7 confirmation I doubt the avant will make it.

I gather you're primarily a VAG guy and you're also primarily looking at new but if you're open to used an E63 estate may be a worthwhile consideration.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Having owned a Cayenne S and TT, I am quite partial to the Cayenne and think you would be very happy with one.

However, I'll throw out another suggestion...get an Audi Q5, which was my daily driver for the past 3 years, save 20-25k and save up for the RS4 avant when it hits stateside.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Good suggestions guys.... The Q5 is disqualified because the luggage space is not that big and it's pretty boring to drive. It might be my wife's next car, but not mine. The E63 would be a good call, but I think MB makes ugly wagons. If BMW had an M5 estate, I'd strongly consider it. The obvious, perfect choice, but never coming here, is the RS6 Avant.

I guess the safest choice is to wait until July/August to see if there is an RS4 announcement, and if not, then decide between S6 and Cayenne GTS.

Please keep the comments coming.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
cotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant future
I would wait. As baby gets older, you don't need to carry as much stuff around, you will find out if RS4 is coming, and the Porsche will get cheaper. You may also decide you want something different (like the new M3 or something).

Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
moabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond repute
I have to play devil's advocate here on a couple levels...

If you're eliminating the Q5 and upcoming SQ5 based partly on cargo space I'm not sure the S6 will meet your needs on space.

With that said, you mention the hypothetical M5 Estate. It would be amazing but not likely period much less reaching us. So, if the S6 is a consideration, I would bring in the M5.

I think the S6 is great but the M5 is more of an enthusiast's vehicle which I would say is are where your original proposals of RS4 Avant and Cayenne GTS are at.

I know the new S6 is supposed to be great, but it, along with the SQ5 are a bit vanilla in comparison to RS4 Avant, Cayenne GTS and M5 imo.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get the GTS, sell it when the RS4 came, keep the RS4 for 6 months, then start thinking about what I could replace that with

Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'd get the GTS as well Chris or maybe a paint to sample Panamera GTS to match the Gulf colored garage!

Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm, out of all of those cars I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish....all i get through your post chris is a bit of car ADD coming out If you are trying to just haul some things around and want to do it in comfort and style, easy get the RR. I will tell you I have had mine for about 3 months now and not a single problem, except that it is a bit thirsty. It's comfortable, beautiful and has plenty of capacity. The S6 is a great saloon from what i have heard, but in reality there is no room in that thing for kid related stuff. The Cayenne doesn't have a ton of room either if you are saying that the Q5 is too small, though it is a cool SUV with a bit of sport to it. I say you hold out, get the wife a RR ditch the A3 and Golf R and pick up a 599 just saying. Best of luck in your search my friend.

Quick Reply: Decisions, decisions