Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Panamera Brakes - PCCB questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
His car, his choice.

I'd get PCCBs on a Cayenne or a Panny.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Why would you want PCCBs on a car like the Panny? Seems to me like the only advantage would be during hard driving on a race track, which the Panny is definitely not suited for. Same goes for PCCBs on the Cayenne. Just makes no sense.
Wrong. Dead wrong.

In any event if I was ordering a Cayenne/Panny Turbo I'd order PCCBs'. Frankly the brake feel and almost zero brake dust won me over on the PCCB's. Money well spent.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Alright. Keep drinking the kool aid guys...

Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Alright. Keep drinking the kool aid guys...
With your vast track experience in Chump Car, I'm pretty sure you know all about brake setups.

If the guy wants PCCBs on his car, that's his choice, as I agree with Stoppie.

Relax.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I guess we all stand corrected, PCCB's on the Turbo are 415mm and S and base are 390mm. So yes there are different size PCCB's on each car.

Also, each size PCCB, is slightly bigger than the stock size that comes on each, so PCCB on Turbo is slightly bigger than the stock, and PCCB on S/base is slightly bigger than the stock.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
The only downside to the carbon brakes is the price. They are great for street cars that see a few track days. For track cars that see some street duty iron is usually a better choice. the carbon brakes will outlast the brake fluid and always look clean. That being said I would have not have opted for them on my panny if I didn't buy a turbo launch car already built. But I did spec them on my McLaren so go figure.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Al12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these parts
Red face

Originally Posted by mile2424
I guess we all stand corrected, PCCB's on the Turbo are 415mm and S and base are 390mm. So yes there are different size PCCB's on each car.

Also, each size PCCB, is slightly bigger than the stock size that comes on each, so PCCB on Turbo is slightly bigger than the stock, and PCCB on S/base is slightly bigger than the stock.
These are the correct sizes. I have the PCCB on the panny turbo and I am 100% sure that its a lil larger than the Panny s or v6. I know coz I did the research before purchasing it. Truth be told, the thing that make the PCCB worth it on the street is the lack of break dust, especially if u have rims on the car. I found the squeaking a lil annoying but the huge yellow caliper and disc more than make it up for me. To each his own n good luck with buying one. They are great cars even if they are overpriced (just like everything else with porsche)!

Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Why would you want PCCBs on a car like the Panny? Seems to me like the only advantage would be during hard driving on a race track, which the Panny is definitely not suited for. Same goes for PCCBs on the Cayenne. Just makes no sense.
isn't it not advised to get PCCB is tracking hard regularly?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mile2424

yep. interesting the brochure doesn't state any difference yet there ARE different part numbers.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Wrong. Dead wrong.

In any event if I was ordering a Cayenne/Panny Turbo I'd order PCCBs'. Frankly the brake feel and almost zero brake dust won me over on the PCCB's. Money well spent.
best money spent....cheap asses dont want to pay is the issue.