Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini "Cabrera LP600-4" Speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
shin is on a distinguished roadshin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by McRae
NO is 100% the answer indeed...the "scissor" doors are reserved for V12 Lambos...its been stated in the past.
I heard the contrary. And with the new doors, which are not framed, scissor doors structurally, case is strong that the new V10 would have Aventador doors.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Banned
The Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shin
I heard the contrary. And with the new doors, which are not framed, scissor doors structurally, case is strong that the new V10 would have Aventador doors.
Maybe. And remember that the Mclaren rival has it as well....

It would be a very very smart move from Lamborghini.

Maybe MONACO BODYGUARDS could confirm this ? I am sure he knows.

Last edited by The Bank; 08-27-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed

Old 08-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shin
Mr Winkelmann has mentioned in various interviews the trademark scissor doors would remain a flagship feature ... however if you take a good look at the Aventador doors you notice these aren't the usual Lamborghini doors either, they open upward yes ... but also outward, specifically to ease entry into the car.

So in a way the Aventador isn't using the real 'scissor' doors like the Countach, Diablo and Murcielago were doing, these are more butterfly doors ... so if they don't have an issue with changing such a trademark feature I can see the new V10 would also be using some kind of upward/outward opening door ... only time will tell.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lambocars
Mr Winkelmann has mentioned in various interviews the trademark scissor doors would remain a flagship feature ... however if you take a good look at the Aventador doors you notice these aren't the usual Lamborghini doors either, they open upward yes ... but also outward, specifically to ease entry into the car.

So in a way the Aventador isn't using the real 'scissor' doors like the Countach, Diablo and Murcielago were doing, these are more butterfly doors ... so if they don't have an issue with changing such a trademark feature I can see the new V10 would also be using some kind of upward/outward opening door ... only time will tell.
They had to change the design for safety issues...the doors of old we will never see again on V12 model...the new design will carry on from now on...and I Stand dtrong on the fact that V10 will keep NORMAL doors...would NOT be a smart move to go and take the doors off the lp 700 and slap it on a new V10...

Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
They had to change the design for safety issues...the doors of old we will never see again on V12 model...the new design will carry on from now on...and I Stand dtrong on the fact that V10 will keep NORMAL doors...would NOT be a smart move to go and take the doors off the lp 700 and slap it on a new V10...
Agreed. Won't happen, shouldn't happen. As long as it puts the competition to shame in terms of performance I'll be happy.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
EddieBarbie is on a distinguished roadEddieBarbie is on a distinguished road
This successor needs more characters on the exterior.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!munch You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
See any "A" cars in colors other then White, Black or Rust Orange??? PLEASE SAY YOU SEEN VERDE!!!

I think there is the possiblity of at least 1 Verde LP700 coming to the UK, and it will be out and about alot if the people I think of do get one! Will take many pics if this is the case, but it won't be until next year.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Banned
The Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these partsThe Bank is infamous around these parts
Scissor doors are after all a Lamborghini "trademark".

I think they would sell more V10's with the above.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
I'd find it odd if a non-V12 car would have anything but regular opening doors.

Then again I thought it was odd to dispense with a manual transmission offering as well. Any word on whether the Cabrera will also be paddle-only? I would assume so, given their latest ethos of pulling the driver out of the control loop as much as possible.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini "Cabrera LP600-4" Speculation Thread