Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Official: Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Picture and Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Hotemetoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Stephan
How about the PHOTOGRAPHER you originally stole the image from?
I never claimed to have shot that picture. So I didn't really steal it. I merely used it for something non-profit.

It was just a night's work because I had too much time on my hands for crying out loud!
I never expected it to gain any publicity at all, so saying I stole it isn't really fair right?

But obviously I have the right to sort of be upset when something I actually put some work in gets used with someone else's credit.

And yeah another lesson I've learned now is to maybe place the watermark somewhere where it's less easy to clone out :|

Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Valkarth is on a distinguished roadValkarth is on a distinguished roadValkarth is on a distinguished roadValkarth is on a distinguished roadValkarth is on a distinguished roadValkarth is on a distinguished road
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hotemetoot
I never claimed to have shot that picture. So I didn't really steal it. I merely used it for something non-profit.

It was just a night's work because I had too much time on my hands for crying out loud!
I never expected it to gain any publicity at all, so saying I stole it isn't really fair right?

But obviously I have the right to sort of be upset when something I actually put some work in gets used with someone else's credit.

And yeah another lesson I've learned now is to maybe place the watermark somewhere where it's less easy to clone out :|
You walk a thin line mate...best just leave it be...

Old 02-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute

So it's ok if you use someone else's photo to get your name out there but it's not alright if people use someone else's photo that you messed with without asking you first?

Does not compute.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Hotemetoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Alzilla
So it's ok if you use someone else's photo to get your name out there but it's not alright if people use someone else's photo that you messed with without asking you first?

Does not compute.
WEll I guess I can only agree with what MCrae said, it's a thin line.

Again, I had to learn somewhere... I don't think it's reasonable to expect me to "buy" pictures just to mess about in photoshop (it was my second real photoshop ever and I didn't even expect any publicity at all). Or to do a huge search back to the source in the first place, wether I can get free permission or not.
This is a topic where we can find no conclusion I'm afraid And I can't even ask us to agree on disagreeing, because I don't even really know where my own standpoint is.

Let's just focus on nice pictures of nice cars okay?

PS I never said I mind them taking the picture without permission, I was actually excited about that. What bothered me is that they specifically gave someone else credit...

Last edited by Hotemetoot; 02-13-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
WEll I guess I can only agree with what MCrae said, it's a thin line.

Again, I had to learn somewhere... I don't think it's reasonable to expect me to "buy" pictures just to mess about in photoshop (it was my second real photoshop ever and I didn't even expect any publicity at all). Or to do a huge search back to the source in the first place, wether I can get free permission or not.
This is a topic where we can find no conclusion I'm afraid And I can't even ask us to agree on disagreeing, because I don't even really know where my own standpoint is.

Let's just focus on nice pictures of nice cars okay?

PS I never said I mind them taking the picture without permission, I was actually excited about that. What bothered me is that they specifically gave someone else credit...
just stop talking about it...leave it at that...better for you
Thanks for the PS and next time you`ll know better

Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Alef_henriique
thats my photo

Old 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Razgriz is on a distinguished roadRazgriz is on a distinguished road
My second render of the Olsson Aventador. Just because it looks awesome!

I attempted some more serious editing in this pic. AND I didn't forget to include a signature this time:P

What do you guys think?

Even if it's quite well realized, at least you could have asked me the permission to use MY picture, to modify it...
You put your watermark on it without asking me, almost on my watermark...quite a bad attitude in my opinion.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol. This is getting interesting. What's the big deal with photoshopping some things here and there? How long did it take you? An hour or two to edit it?

The photographers spend thousands in equipment, go to get the shoot, edit in hundreds of dollars in software, and then put up their work, you simply edit the paint and add some wheels and it's your watermarked picture now?

Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Razgriz
Even if it's quite well realized, at least you could have asked me the permission to use MY picture, to modify it...
You put your watermark on it without asking me, almost on my watermark...quite a bad attitude in my opinion.
Agreed...really uncool move...im not happy with this behavior...

Quick Reply: Official: Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Picture and Information Thread!