Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Gallardo reliability

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Gallardo reliability

I am considering a 06+ Gallardo. Recently, I came across a 2 year old Gallardo with 31k miles. (yes, that many miles).

In reviewing 20 pages of service history, I found 2 egear transmission failure (one required replacement), and 3 CEL (1 affected drivability).

For those with 15k miles and higher on your G, is this typical and what I'd expect in terms of reliability?

This car was dealer serviced but obviously racked up miles more than any other G I've seen in the short 2 yrs. I am not interested in buying this car as it was only in fair condition to me. However, I more interested in ur thoughts on reliability.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds like a bad example. I have been under the impression that 06+ is pretty reliable with regular service.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
clutchhhhhhh! and tires. Make sure you check the life remaining on both of them, my dad's 06 gallardo sold with 13k miles on it and had a 50 percent clutch life remaining and the tires had about 4,000 miles left

Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
^ correct. but the CELs and transmission needing replacement seem abnormal, right?