Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

V8 Vantage Roadster in the Snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to your dad, hope he enjoys it.

Not sure what you're talking about in regards to the transmission though: AFAIK there's no change from any of the current automated AM transmissions?

Old 12-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MiniRup
Very lovely cars, congratulations on the new one! I've had surgery in rooms less clean and organized than your garage.
How do you like your Rapide? And, as a multiple Aston owner (lucky bastard), how do you feel about the similarity of the interiors?
The Rapide is an amazing car, when you drive it hard you completely forget there are 2 seats and doors behind you. Everyone I have spoken to says it's a better drivers car than the DB9. It's at least comparable which is an impressive feat.

The interiors are beautiful, I prefer the Vantages but only because of the carbon bucket seats, they really make the car. Thing's are slightly different button wise which might take some getting used to but with 2 of the nicest interiors around no one can complain.

The only thing I would say that I've previously said is as they are so simular inside and out it might take away from that 'special' feeling you get with them. Which is why I'm having 2nd thoughts about a V12 Vantage. Walking out to 3 Astons would take away the wow factor for me.

Originally Posted by LABrit
Congrats to your dad, hope he enjoys it.

Not sure what you're talking about in regards to the transmission though: AFAIK there's no change from any of the current automated AM transmissions?
Thank, it's actually my mums car though. As for the transmission they are different. Rapide uses Touchtronic 2 system and the Vantage uses the Sports Shift.

Touchtronic 2 is auto with manual options, Sports Shift is automated manual, for example Sports Shirt has no 'park' feature, you put it into neutral like a regular manual. It has no hill start support, it doesn't lurch forward when in gear etc.

Touchtronic has park, hill start etc like a normal automatic box.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
Had the car booked in for a full detail and front protective wrap.

Full write up is here for anyone who is interested:

Aston Martin V8V - New car detail by Auto Finesse - Detailing World

And a few of the finished shots:

Old 01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful pictures, I like the colour.